Chapter 31

Miles' POV

I was wrong. There is one more thing that I need, and I'm going to get it soon.

I wake up to a sick feeling in my stomach. As I rush to the bathroom, Calvin quickly gets out of bed and is by my side in a second. I throw up into the toilet, puking my guts out.

While I'm heaving up all my food, Calvin is running a soothing hand up and down my back, calming and reassuring me.

I look up to him and see the concern written on his face. "I'm fine, Calvin, just a little sickness."

His frown deepens, his worry intensifying, "I'm worried about you, Miles. Werewolves don't get sick."

Well I never knew that. Now my anxiety about this situation is through the roof.

"I'm bringing you to the doctor, end of discussion," Calvin states firmly, leaving no room for arguments.

Not wanting to argue, I just nod my head and let him lead me to the doctor.

Doctor Ray is ready for us when we arrive, Calvin probably mindlinked him. I sit up on the hospital bed and answer all of Doctor Ray's questions.

"What's the problem today?" Doctor Ray asks, concern leaking through his voice.

"I've been throwing up in the mornings, and supposedly werewolves don't get sick so Calvin was worried," I say bluntly.

"Of course I was worried! My mate is throwing up every morning!" Calvin exclaims, not liking how I pushed aside my worry.

"I've also been very tired lately, even after a full nights sleep," I inform, suddenly remembering that symptom.

A weird look crosses Doctor Ray's face. He asks some weird questions, "Are you experiencing any mood swings or tenderness of your chest?"

"Um... Yes and yes. Do you know what's wrong with me?" I ask hopefully, he seems to have an idea of what's wrong.

"I have an idea but let me try something. Please lay back on the bed while I go get the machine."

I lay back and try to relax. What's wrong with me? Is it bad?

A doctor Ray returns with a machine that oddly looks exactly like an ultrasound. I know this because I'm trying to study to become a doctor.

I exclaim very loudly, scaring both Doctor Ray and Calvin, "You think I'm pregnant?!"

Doctor Ray tries to calm me down, while Calvin has a look of wonder and hope on his face. "Yes, the symptoms match up and you are a wolf blessed by the Moon Goddess. She gave you powers, and this might be one of them."

I look to Calvin in shock, not being able to believe this.

A look of understanding crosses Calvin's face. "This is what the Moon Goddess meant by 'power of life.' If this goes well, other males will be able to get pregnant."

While I listen to what Calvin is saying, Doctor Ray puts a cold jelly on my stomach, and starts up the machine. He moves the part that is on my stomach until he pauses. "That is your baby. You are four weeks along. Later, we will be able to tell the sex."

Calvin and I look to each other and smiles spread across our faces. I know I'm young but I've always loved children, and now I get to have my own!

Five months later I give birth to a beautiful baby boy.

Lukas Chase Reed.

Now I have everything I need.