Chapter 2

'Hope this life ain't lousy'

I'm so tired of running everytime this takes place, I'm watch the report on the news tonight, there's my bike, there's my helmet, my last Honey Bunn, there's my brains, and finally there is Ashley, weeping, sobbing, crying over my grotesquely dead body, I wish she didn't have to see this. She sat in complete horror as my brain was still attached to my skull, just out spilled, the ambulance took a car broom and swept the lump of goo back in my skull.

And you know what? I can't go on like this, I'm telling Ashley I........ well I'm showing Ashley that I'm not dead, she might have a heartattack, but she needs to know.

*Fatally Shocking*

I stand outside in the pouring rain, shirtless, because that's what men who just escape death do, the catch colds, as to kill themselves again only just to come back as another forgotten soul.

I see Ashley from the kitchen window of her apartment. (lousy apartment builders) I make my way across the road and to the cookie cutter apartments,  of course there was hesitation in my bones, I'm supposed to be dead to everyone, on top of that I'm SURE her world has changed a bit over the course of time. She's always been able to take lots well, but this may be just a wee bit different than other times. I drag myself up the apartment stairwell, my big, heavy boots, clanking around the metal steps so loudly. I stand dormant in front of her 'Home' door, I just know she won't be able to handle this, she's strong, but her heart can't take this... I hear laughter admitting from inside, I wonder what it was, I wondered so much til it lead me to curiosity, so I knocked and I heard what seemed like her sprinting for the door. She swung the door open.

"Henry? Henry!! You're back, Oh my goodness, you're back... you're back"

Umm, what? Did I miss something?