Chapter 6

August 17, 2009

I made my famous scrambled eggs and toast while he sketched on the porch. He hardly ever worked outside of the studio. I couldn't believe it when he pulled the sketchbook out of my old laptop case. The peacefulness on his face was enough for me not to question it. He had rested his hand over mine as I mixed the eggs and milk and kissed my neck. No words had been spoken since the night before. For me, it was a combination of not knowing what to say and the strange feeling that nothing needed to be said. It was strange because with me and Emmett, there had always been something to say. There were issues that needed to be hashed out or a fight to pick. That morning, a fight was the last thing I wanted. I didn't need any answers or explanations. I was content to simply be held in the arms of the man I loved and who loved me.

He smiled and thanked me when I put the plate and the cup of black coffee down next to him. I almost didn't want to sit down, as though it would interrupt him. He looked so beautiful as he studied the lake and the geese that were beginning to nestle on the bank.

"Are you not eating out here?"

I blinked a couple times before realizing I had to answer. "I can, yeah."

"Are you okay?" he asked, turning to completely face me.

"I just didn't want to disturb you."

He took my hand and pulled me onto his lap. "Baeloral, you may disturb me whenever you wish to," he said with a smirk.

"You know, you are the only person who calls me that."

"Yeah?" I nodded. "Well, I guess it's only fair that you get to call me by my true name."

"I don't know. You've spent so long trying to keep it from everyone. I don't want you to give that up just because of me."

"The world doesn't need to know me. You could call me Albert and they'd all think it was one of our kinks. You, my angel, have me – heart, body and soul – which should give you the right to call me whatever you'd like."

"How about Jacobi?"

"Not real sure why you'd call me Jacobi, but if that's what you want, fine," he said, laughing. "I don't want this – what I am – to change anything."

"It changes everything," I said softly, looking down at the eggs that were clearly getting cold. "There was always this cloud that hovered over you, this deep, dark secret that I could never figure out. It was in everything that you did or said. Now that I know what it is... I'm relieved."

"Relieved? That's not one of the emotions I ever expected."

"That darkness is gone. From both of us. That wall between us is gone."

"And you're okay with that?"

I rested my palm on his cheek, running my thumb along his skin. "I want to know you. Inside and out, everything and anything."

"You already know more than most ever have," he said softly, tracing the back of my bra through my tank top. "I'll answer whatever questions you have, angel."

"Are you from Shylerinth?"

"That was fast," he said with a chuckle.

"Caden said that Abassy were a proud race from Shylerinth. I remember Triljon telling me stories about Shylerinth. Were you actually there?"

"You sound way too excited about it," he mumbled. "I was born and raised there. I lived there until I was fourteen when my father exiled me."

"Why would he–"