009

Chapter 9

I am deeply engrossed in solving my maths questions under the dim glow of my table lamp in the otherwise dark room— I was done with English already and is hoping to be done with the fifty mensuration questions before midnight — when my phone chimes lighting up where it was lying in between the pages of a closed textbook.

I distractedly reach for it, swiping it open and what I see captures all my attention, leaving none for maths again as I relax into my chair, eyes zoning in on the picture lighting my screen.

He wasn't joking.

There on my screen was a picture of Sky. He wore different clothes now, a plain white shirt and what I'm now assuming to be his trademark black jeans. His hair was glistening looking damp as they fell around his face, his eyes with a certain spark that made my heart thud again, more gently this time and finally, the perfect smirk completely his gorgeousness.

It was a selfie of himself at the party, his arm stretched forward holding the phone and giving me a clear view of his bulging muscles. I can't explain it, but I couldn't look away, I was entranced by his body and looking at him was doing something to me. Something I can't explain. Squirming in my seat, I look over at the partying people behind him just as my phone buzzed again with another picture of him. Then another and another and before I know it, I'm giggling to myself, smiling for no reason.

He sent ten just like I said I was expecting, I didn't think he would. I didn't even remember the pictures promise until now. Some were selfies of just him like the first one and others had some other people in them, with a red cup in hand. I've never done any of these, the only parties I attended were birthday parties as a kid and that's it. I've never drank alcohol either, once I saw my dad taking some in hiding and he said it was his last. Stories I've heard of alcohol didn't fancy me at all. But seeing Sky looking so alive in the pictures, for that one moment I craved for a different life.

One where I could be as free as he looked with his wide smiles and smirks. One where I could attend parties without a care of what anyone would think and if everything I did was right. Maybe even one where I could drink and get stupid.

A text came in just then reading; any regrets of not being here with me?

I shook my head at him and still in the spirit of living free, I raised my phone above me a bit, smiling a little and quickly sending the picture before I could think against it adding a text saying I had no regrets at all. After sending it, I then looked at it and my stomach twisted funnily in embarrassment. I should have checked the picture more before sending, maybe then I would've noticed the night cap I had on.

No.

Before I could even cry about Sky seeing my embarrassing picture, another text from him came in. There was a smiling emoji in front.

Gosh, how cute. Now I'm the one envying you, do you have on matching pajamas to go?

I cringe, turning my phone upside down on the desk. I bury my head in my palms and thought about how much of an idiot I was. How could I send that? My phone vibrates on the desk and I don't pick it, afraid of what he'll say next. He sent me amazing pictures of him in a party and I sent a cute night cap picture. I could very much have put on a onesie. The phone vibrates again and I decide to get my shame through by just seeing it.

Shit, did that sound like a douche? I didn't mean to, I don't know how to do this.

Do what? I ask myself but go forward to read the next message.

I'm sorry. Thanks for the picture, I wish I was there with you.

Here with me? My body, having a mind of its own warms up at the idea of having Sky here with me alone in my room. I don't even know what will happen, if anything would happen but the thought of him here was well on its way to bringing up another panic attack. The texts weren't as bad as I thought it would be so I typed something to him, voicing my thoughts regarding the first one. Do what?