Chapter 27 - Renèe, friends?

"You still leave me speechless, how is it possible for someone to be as beautiful as you?" I confessed pressing my lips to Lucinda's cheek in front of the vanity as I finished the chignon perfectly in place. Hair up, her slender long tattooed neck was accentuated, and her diamond earrings were of my choosing.

Stopping me I smirked inches from her lips as she swiveled around on the stool, "red lipstick." She pointed out. I understood and didn't want to make a mess of it but it didn't make it any easier as her alluring fresh perfume filled my nose.

"Let me kiss another pair of lips."

"You didn't get enough last night?" Lucinda raised a brow.

"Impossible," I whispered as I pulled her stockings down with her laced g-string. Kneeling between her thighs I leaned into her touch as her caress smoothed over my cheek and her fingers over my mouth.

"My girl."

As you could imagine we were late (again) to the workshop.

Picking up my morning espresso from the regular spot Lucinda dropped me off I strode the block of a busy Manhattan smiling to myself.

Lucinda kissed me from habit before I'd gotten out of the car. Remembering her lipstick she rushed to fix it and checked her pearly whites, saying another quick goodbye we kissed before I reached for the door handle again. Lucinda had to wave me away as we broke into hopeless laughter.

The light of laughter reached her eyes and lightened my chest as I took my usual depressing route.

"Good morning," I greeted the security out the front before rushing up the stairs. It was another busy day but more organized than usual which would have definitely made Lucinda more comfortable. Maybe Beth would be in her good books today.

Walking into the workshop I almost lost a grip on my coffee gawking at the women. She was gorgeous. Straight silvery platinum hair, tall and elegant as she spoke. Attractively English, I clumsily bumped the metal racking holding racks of rejected clothing that screeched with dragging metal on metal as the coat hangers jolted.

"Hey, you okay darling?" Drake came briskly over, "not quite awake are we?"

"Must not be." I hid my face from the peering eyes I felt on me.

"Wakey wakey," Drake rubbed my arm like it was his child's booboo and lead me over to everyone.

"Renèe, Charlotte... Charlotte, Renèe. Renèe here is our new events director, she'll be arranging pretty much everything for our runways, shows, and openings.-" he turned to Renèe that I had snap get ahold of myself not to stare at stupidly, her smile was kind, "Renèe was actually just telling me she has been a fan of your work."

Shaking her invitational hand she covered the back of my palm with her other, "it's a pleasure to meet you Charlotte. Your rapid progression in the industry has been awe-inspiring, so young and at this level already you'll be giving Kendall Jenner a run for money any time now." Sharing a bright smile with Drake we laughed before I thanked her and warmly welcomed her to the company.

She was sweet and I actually like a popped balloon when she had to go.

It was probably the highlight of my day as Lucinda had me gapping across the room as she sat at the bench, looking Bethany up and down, and told her she "seriously needed to lose weight and she was sick of seeing her gut popping her blouse"...

I wanted to tell her off for being so cruel from across the room. Beth really broke this time. She kept a straight face with Lu but as she walked in my direction she slapped her hand to her mouth, silencing herself as she balled pink her eyes out.