Chapter 3 - Adam street Bridge

(I live for this photo lmao. Sorry had to just throw it out there. It's too wholesome not to be shared.)

(*2nd person P.O.V*)

Since you had no time, you decided that you'd leave in about an hour. You were pondering the strange events that had taken place when you were brought back to reality by a knock on the door. Who could it be? You walked to the door, Steve following right behind. "How can I help-" You started opening the door slowly and looked up at the knockers face. Your eyes widen with recognition. It's... Him. you backed from the door, terror filling you. You tried to digest the implications of Smith being real. It wasn't a dream. Unless you were still dreaming. "We understood that you had gotten strange messages again." How did they know!? "Uh.." I mumbled trying to think of what to say. Steve looked up at Smith and Smith looked back at him. 

To your surprise Smith smiled at your dog. "Oh! His name is Steve. And if your wondering, yes he is a (Y/f/d/b). Would you like to come in for a cup of coffee?" Why were you asking him in? Yes he acted friendly towards Steve and Steve seemed to trust him, but Smith was the one to let that thing crawl inside your bellybutton. Or was it just a fragment of your imagination or a dream? You decided to simply try to act civil for now. "I would like to if it is alright with you, Miss (Y/l/n)" You moved aside to let Smith in. "You can call me (Y/n)." "Alright. May I pet him?" Smith asked hinting at Steve. "Go ahead. Steve likes attention." A smile rose on your lips.

Smith moved his hand carefully towards Steve before finally petting him. You walked to the kitchen and started preparing some coffee. Smith followed after you and Steve followed after him. "Oh, don't mind the mess. I would have cleaned up more if I knew that I had quests coming over." "It's quite alright." Smith looked around.

"Uh.. You may sit down if you'd like. The dining table is a bit of a mess but I think you'll fit." Smith nodded slowly and sat on one of the chairs next to the dining table. "Do you want milk, sugar or cream in your coffee?" You asked after getting two mugs. "No, thank you." He answered politely. You poured the cup full and handed it to him. "There you go." You sat on the opposite side when you had filled your own cup.

You took a gentle sip of your coffee. "So, Smith, if I may ask do you have a first name or do you just prefer being called Smith? Or even Agent Smith?" "I'm fine with either, Agent Smith is more formal." Smith said before he took a sip. His expression was disgusted after he had swallowed. "Never had coffee before?" You asked giggling at his expression. He answered with a nod, a slightly sour expression remaining on his face. 

You continued to talk to each other as you drunk coffee, keeping the conversation very light. "Excuse me for a moment." He apologized suddenly before he disappeared in the living room. You sighed. You were fascinated by him. It was all so strange. He didn't really like to talk about himself and you wondered why. Aside from the whole robot shrimp thing, he seemed alright. That experience couldn't have been real. He was so polite. He couldn't have done something like that, besides you had no physical injuries.

Shortly Smith returned. "I'm sorry, Miss (Y/l/n) but I must go. Thank you very much for the coffee." He thanked politely. "It's alright, I hope we'll meet again, Agent." "I hope so too." You spotted a slight smile on his lips. You smiled, a genuine smile back at him. Soon he left and you knew what was next. You had to go to the Adam street Bridge. But now you were filled with doubt. Should you go? Should you stay and forget about this Morpheus? You knew you wanted answers. You walked to get your coat and shoes and quickly showed them on. Steve followed you to the front door. "I'm sorry, Stevie. I can't bring you with me. We can go on a walk when I come back. I promise." Steve wagged his tail slightly and gave you a cheerful bark. You gave him a quick hug before you hurried off.

You walked down to the Adam street Bridge. It was already evening and the place was quiet. You hadn't said a word after you left your home. You had been drowning in your thoughts about everything. You waited under the bridge. Soon enough you saw a black car draw to a stop right next to you "Quickly, get in!" A woman commanded, opening the door for you. You looked back and saw men in suits approaching. You had a sinking feeling one of them was Smith but you still hopped in the car. The driver started driving away. "Shoot! They found us. You must be bugged." The woman thought out loud. "Who are you exactly?" You asked.

"I'm Trinity. The driver on the front seat is Apoc. And the person here next to me is Neo. Switch could you give me the bug tracker remover, please?" You looked from person to person, going everyone over with your gaze. Switch pulled out a massive device. "What is this bug? A robot that looks like a metallic shrimp?" "You could say that." Neo stated. "I suggest that you lift up your shirt." Trinity said. You looked at her and slowly lifted your shirt so that your stomach was visible. So it had been real. It brought a sour taste in your mouth. Smith had really done that. 

Trinity set the device on your stomach. "How in the world can you get it out?" You asked looking at the device. "There, I got it." Trinity said ignoring your question. "It sort of gets sucked out." Neo explained. Trinity activated the device and you felt panic mixing with pain. Just like when the bug had crawled in. You tried to hold back tears of pain. "Oh! That really hurt." The bug was thrown out threw the car window. 

(The breathtaking reference was removed due to me not vibing with that bit of this chapter :( I'm sorry and also disappointed in myself for it.)