CHAPTER 8: VOWS THAT BIND US

Zach Knight

I won't deny the fact that she looked beautiful in her wedding gown. Yet, the mere thought that, It should have been Lisa. boiled my blood.

Reece Morris was walking her down the aisle, the second he placed her hand in mine, unknown sparks filled my body. I looked up at her face to see if she felt it or not to find her eyes already set on me. I instantly pulled her up with her eyes still on me. It was when I let her go, she ducked her face down and turned red.

Maybe she realised that she was Ogling at me.

During Ceremony

"Do you Zach Knight, take Ava Anderson as your lawfully wedded wife, to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health to love and to cherish until death do you part ?" My jaw tightened, my brain was yelling to say No, but I couldn't.

"I do" I said looking straight in her eyes.

"Do you Ava Anderson take Zach Knight as your lawfully wedded husband ?" He repeated all the vows to her.

"I do" She said instantly.

We exchanged the rings.

"With the power vested in me by thy father, I now pronounce you husband & wife. May God bless you."

"You may now kiss the bride."

I leaned in while her eyes shut. I placed a kiss on corner of her mouth and backed off. She looked slightly disappointed. Did she really think, that I will kiss her ?

I ignored the sparks again and immediately walked down the altar, with her hot on my trail. We were in the middle of the hall when smim and dad came to us.

"Give her a chance, son." Dad spoke. I ignored and walked past him. She is going to regret saying yes. With this thought in my mind I made my way towards the car. Car ride went on with me ignoring her and, her looking outside the window.

Once we reached my penthouse, I walked in without even glancing at her, while she followed me close behind.

"This is your room." I told her. Her brows knitted in confusion.

"My room ?" She spoke. "Won't we share a room, like couples do ?"

A humourless chuckle slid my mouth,  I took big strides towards her and grabbed her arms.

"We....are...not....a....couple. You are my father's choice and you'll never be more than that get it through your thick skull. You understand ?" I snapped at her.

She had her eyes tightly closed, also she was sweating. She looked scared. Still she didn't replied.

"You understand ?" I yelled again. She flinched at my tone nevertheless nodded and I left her standing there. A smirk formed on my lips. It's just the beginning.

________________

Bad Zach.
When you dislike someone all their moves seem suspicious. That doesn't mean they are bad people.