Chapter 13: Fly me to the moon

So here's the thing,Arjun somehow manages to hear a lotta things by being at the right place at the right time. He is in a dilemma now about whether Meera had tampered with his laptop or not, after hearing her conversation with her parents and the talk with dadu. He is also some what in awe hearing her views on world war 2. He did listen to her sing his kinda songs too. He is just on the verge of discovering that they share a very similar taste, but to warm up to her as friend, forget wife, will take some time especially since Meera is going to be so salty to him after his absurd accusations .

Meera could hear the coarse laughter of Dadu from his room, wow can khadoos make anyone laugh?

She entered the room to see Dadu and Arjun deeply involved in this conversation.
"Dadu dinner" she said as she pushed the tray towards him

"Ey Meera, even Arjun thinks that that Holocaust wasnt totally on Nazis and the sS force, it had support of the germans!" Her grandfather said

"Dadu! Dont get me started again! It was just them! The germans did it outta fear!" Meera exclaimed

"No, Germans took part willingly in torturing the jews, I've ready so many books on them" Arjun corrected her

"Well, I'm sure I've read books on them too, couldn't be born with all the knowledge,could I? And you can check, they had incentives and they were brainwashed!"meera said proving her point while checking dadu's bp.
Dadu laughed, "sarcasm, it's her way of talking Arjun, dont mind it"

"Yeah sure" Arjun said politely, while Meera just glared at Arjun
_

"Its bhindi today Meera, why arent you eating" her mother said lovingly, that's the thing about indian parents, they dont apologise, they make you eat.

"I'm not hungry" Meera said with a stoic face

"Arjun, would you like to have some curd?" Her father asked not even looking at her

"Yeah sure I wouldnt mind" Arjun replied

"Meera, curd" her father commanded and even thought she wasnt in the mood to serve her husband anything at all, she pursed her lips and went into the kitchen to refrain from making a scene in front of Arjun.

Her mother followed her,

"Meera, I'm sorry bachcha, you just were out of control there and you know how my temper is"

"Mom you know it's not about you hitting me! You know it's about you making me do a thing I never wanted to do"

"And why didnt you want to?"

"Tell me mom, you were married, 'are' in fact, are you happy?"

"Meera, there are fights in every marriage but once we compromise and adjust then things do get happy"

"Exactly mom! I dont want to compromise or adjust! I dont want that!"

"You dont even know Arjun yet, give him a chance, you're a different generation, more tolerant and understanding, maybe there wont be any compromise"

"He is an Indian guy mother, he will need a compromise, nidhi bua compromised by stopping to work, Divya didi compromised by not getting that fashion job in New york, Nitya is compromising by having to stay with Ro's parents and guess what, I'll be one of them soon!"

"No beta, it wont seem like a compromise when you start loving them! Okay promise me one thing, that you'll accept that family and start by taking care of their little things, just a little affection or simply asking how their day was, promise me?"