I. Nikki

October 25, 2003
9:30 am
HPI Data Base

        It was early morning, temperature just above thirty-two degrees when a call came in. It wasn't strange or anything I haven't heard. Yeah, haunting's, that's normal. But when a small nine year old and farm animals going missing, then turning up dead in a dead corn field. That has the smell of death written all over it.

        "Please, y-you have to help us," It started out like a 911 call making me thing that this was an accident call for the wrong person to help, "O-our son, he's out of his mind!"

        "Sir, first calm down. Second, did you call the wrong number?" A silence struck the phone conversation as the sound of glass breaking and a faint static filled the speaker.

        "No, you are Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Investigators, right?" It was no mistake from that point on that he had called us.

        The door knob rattled as the sound of keys jingled filled my ears. The door to the small rented out building opened. A tall, slim boy stood in the door way. Alex. Blondie with blue eyes, the beach boy you'd see anywhere, making the girls hearts melt.

        "Nikki?" He spoke softly, "Have you been here all night." I silently nod.

        "Did you at least get ANY sleep?" He asked in the most worried tone.

        "N-no." I studded. He let out a sigh before sitting down on my desk. "But we got a call, 9:30 in the morning from a farmer." He takes the file I had just written out of my hands and opened it up to read it.

        "North bound farmer called in at 9:30 am, claimed his son was possessed. But not only has that happened, dead farm animals disappear then show up in a dead corn stalk field. Is that it?"

        "So far, the line went dead after a while, most likely signaling that the boy had done something. I had asked them to get it on tape, but unfortunately they don't carry any recording devices."

        "I'm guessing that Logan isn't here?" He looks toward the office that had the name 'Logan Foxx' written in bold letters. I shook my head.

        "I'll go talk to him as soon as he get here," The door suddenly opened revealing Logan, "Well speak of the devil. Can I talk to you." Logan sighs and set 3 things of coffee on my desk.

        "Red caps yours Nikki." He says walking into his office with Alex.

        "Thanks," I call out before picking up my share of coffee. I leaned back in the swivel chair and spun around on it. Dizzy, I stopped and took a sip of my coffee. Sweet cream, just like I like it. I dorkishly smile into the coffee.

        I waited what seemed like forever for the two boys to come out of Logan's office. Logan held the case file in his hands looking at what little detail we had. He then folded it up and set up back on my desk.

        "We'll do it." He said quickly. " Start loading the van."

~~~~~~~~~

        I looked out he passenger at the lively corn stalks of surrounding people. The trees we so pretty, all the fall colors falling off the tress on to the street. Fall had to be my absolute favorite season or the year. I gripped on to the hem of my black skirt.

        "Take a left in 500 feet." The GPS robot voice broke out. Logan took an immediate left.

        We then pulled into the gates of hell. The property gates were open, rusted, and old. The horse shoe on the very top as decoration was being held by one hook, swaying back and forth in the wind. The dead corn stalks gave it a very unappeasing look to the front.