• Chapter Five •

Around half past three I decided to start getting ready for the match, before Cody showed up and I wasn't set to go. So I showered.

Ethan let me know that he can't make it, because he had a last minute date for tonight. Of course I'm okey with him ditching me, if it means a chance at a decent relationship. Ethans never really had the best luck with relationships, which really sucks, because he's such an amazing person. He deserves so much.

He told me that his date was with Barry Templeton, who's a good guy. Barry is in my Bio class. I know that it was a good idea to reassure him that I wasn't mad about him not coming with me, because when he finds a good one it's always a good idea to encourage him.

When I got out of the shower, I started on my hair, brushing out all the knots. It is naturally straight, which I find dull and boring. My sister, who was blessed with the beautiful curls that hang down to her shoulders, says she'd rather have her hair naturally like mine. I don't get why.

Afterward, I applied a light layer of base, lip gloss and some mascara. Only because it was a 'going out night'.

I decided to wear my plain pair of black denim jeans, white sneakers and my cream woolley jersey.

I'm not sure what one would usually wear to a boxing match, because I've never been to a live one before

At around five to four I heard the door bell ring.

Willow yelled from down stairs, "I'll get it!"

"Thanks!" I replied as it was my turn to yell.

I finish gathering my stuff before I head down stairs. As I defend, I can hear the light chattering of Cody and my sister. When I make it to the bottom, I see that Devin has also come along for the ride. I thought we'd meet him there, but apparently not.

"Yeh, I have a fun night planned with my best fiend. We're watching movies and piging out in my room." I can hear Willow saying.

"Sounds like a night well spent." Devin said chuckling.

"Okey boys let us be off." I said in an authoritative voice.

They both looked at me for a second, said hello, then turned their heads to say goodbye to my sister.

*~*
"Are you excited to see some violence?" Devin asked me.

"Oh definitely." I replied.

"You're a wierdo, Aurora." Cody stated through a chuckle.

The drive was short and filled with casual banter. When we arrived, at the place where the match was supposed to take place, I didn't know what to think.
I didn't have any expectations or anything, but when I saw that it was a remodeled warehouse, I shivered a little at its ominous appearance.

"Guys, is this place legit?" I asked nervously.

"Well, it's more of an underground kind of thing." Cody said casually.