wedding bonus that no one asked for

The day was dark and cold, beyond the shine of the Helios and his warmth - at least to the gods and goddesses that entered the Underworld.

For the permanent residents, the blessed day made the land of the dead feel warm and happy.

Clad in their finest jewels and outfits, the immortal beings entered the black throne room. Cypress Vines curled around the black marble columns, blooming Passion Vine flowers, the mix was courtesy of the goddess of spring, who stood nervously in the room she claimed as hers, but as really Hades'.

Much to her confusion, Hades never actually slept in his room, and Persephone assumed it was because he was a respectful gentleman.

An obsidian gold necklace with chain drops wrapped around her neck, as well as a draped black halter neck with a low folded neckline, stopping midway to her belly. The silk top of the black dress had a folding design that met over her belly button before spreading out elegantly in front of the dress. The skirts had a layer of chiffon above the shining black silk, the flowing design spreading out in a trumpet skirt shape. The floor-length dress' train was at a royal cathedral length of 3 metres, and the black veil that was pinned in her hair was at elbow length.

Her hair was in a half up half down style, white dead narcissus' was in her hair as well, adding the only colour of white on her.

"You look beautiful, my daughter." Zeus smiled at Persephone who blushed red.

"You think?" She observed herself in the mirror, a small smile gracing her lips as the thought of marrying Hades made her heartbeat become faster.

"I know it, now come on, beautiful girl, let's walk you down that aisle." Offering his arm, Persephone took it gratefully.

"Thank you," she paused, "Dad."

Though he was the father to many people, his heart warmed to the nervous spring goddess beside him, who would soon be his sister-in-law.

Instead of replying, he simply smiled, but as they say, actions speak louder than words, and his offer to walk her down the aisle, and build the father-daughter relationship that they never had, was action enough.

Standing outside the throne room doors were the bridesmaids, Hecate, Amphitrite, Aphrodite, and the Erinyes, which included Alecto, Megaera and Tisiphone.

All 6 women wore different dresses, with the common theme of beige-gold.

Hecate, Amphitrite and Aphrodite all looked their best, hair pinned up elegantly as they spoke amongst each other.

The Erinyes, on the other hand, looked positively frightening as they laughed amongst themselves, flashing their sharp teeth as their red eyes observed the other gods and goddesses.

The groomsmen stood near Amphitrite, Hecate and Aphrodite.

Hecate would walk beside Thanatos, who was dressed in a suit and had shoes on.

Amphitrite would walk with her husband, Poseidon - much to her annoyance.

Aphrodite with Ares - they were the only couple that seemed to be excited to walk together as they held hands despite not being in the same set of conversations.

The Erinyes were each paired up with Hermes, Charon and Hypnos - the god of sleep, and Thanatos' brother.

The Wedding March song began to play and slowly, two by two, the bridesmaids and groomsmen began to enter the throne room.

Once they had each gone in, Persephone looked up to Zeus, who nodded and smiled in support as they began the walk into the room.

Instead of the sharp clacks that her black satin almond toe pumps would've made on the marble, the sharp sound was muffled by the red velvet carpet. 

Looking up, her gaze zeroed in on the man at the end of the aisle. Everyone else was irrelevant at that moment as Hades smiled and as tears began to gather in his eyes as he watched Persephone walk towards him.

She was beautiful, she was always beautiful to him, but with that fact that she was marrying him, the God of the Dead, made him want to cry at her feet.

As she watched Hades begin to cry, tears began to fall down her make-up less face, down her cheeks and to her chin.

Zeus gave her hand to Hades with a nod, but Hades didn't notice as all he could look at was Persephone's forest green eyes that were slightly concealed by the black veil.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Hades, King of the Underworld, God of the Dead, God of Wealth and Riches, son of Kronos and Rhea, with Persephone, Goddess of Spring, daughter of Zeus and Demeter." Hera began as she stood at the front of the hall, "Marriage is a sacred oath." she so desperately wanted to look purposefully at Zeus, "Do you, Hades, swear to love, hold and cherish Persephone through sickness and health, throughout your immortal life??"

"I swear it on the River Styx." Hades never removed his gaze from Persephone's.

"And do you, Persephone, swear to love, hold and cherish Hades through sickness and health, throughout your immortal life?"

"I swear it on the River Styx," Persephone repeated his words, her pink lips curving up into a smile.

"Then as the Goddess of Marriage, I hereby declare you husband and wife, and I bless you with a life full of prosperity, an eternal marriage full of happiness and blessings. You may kiss the bride."

Hades carefully lifted the black veil to reveal her pale, face, forest green eyes that he could get lost in as if it were an enchanted forest that called everyone in. Pink lips contrasting against the paleness of her skin.

He pulled her in into a soft, loving kiss as they crowds of gods and goddesses and a few demigods, cheered loudly.

And as the newly married couple turned to the crowd, Persephone searched and her heart slightly fell as she failed to spot the familiar face of Demeter.

But as she looked up at Hades' smiling face, she knew that everything would be ok, as long as she had him.

Authors note

I couldn't help it, I truly miss writing this book. I also felt kind of bad that I never actually really focused on the wedding.

I hope you guys liked this bonus chapter :)