summer of'85

*ding* *ding**ding* 

Mike rings the bell on the counter of Scoops Ahoy Ice Cream parlor. His friends, Max, Lucas, and Will standing behind him. The waitress behind the counter, Robin, in her official Scoops Ahoy sailor uniform, shouts out to the back of the parlor,

"Hey Dingus, your children are here!" 

Shortly after, Steve Harrington opens the small sliding window from the back of the parlor, and looks at the group of tweens in front of him.

"Again. Seriously?" Steve says annoyed. Mike gives him a 'try me' expression, and with another *ding* rings the bell.

Steve leads the group to the back door of the parlor leading to the back doors pf starcourt movie theater, so they could get into a rated R movies. The group walks passed Steve and towards the theater. Steve from the door calls out, "I swear, if anybody hears about this.."

The young group groans out, " We're dead." finishing Steve's sentence, as he rolls his eyes, and goes back to work. Mike looks through the door to the movie theater, and waits until the coast is clear and then heads out, the group following walking towards the movie room that's playing 'The Day of The Dead,' passing by the snack counter. Behind the counter, the teenage employee in a white top with a red apron and red shorts with a petite red and gold cap, looks at the young group, confused on how the sneaked through usher.

"Um, how did you guys get passed here?"  She says, as the group turn their heads quickly in her direction, in shock, but then later giggle. 

"Steve." Mike says, as the group head into the theater.

The girl, Veronica, shakes her head, and looks down at her watch realizing that her shift is over. She takes off her apron with her name tag and rolls it up into a ball in her hand, leaving the snack counter. Exiting the theater she goes through the mall to Scoops Ahoy. Robin sees the young woman, and offers a small smile. 

"What'll be?" Robin asks. Veronica leans her elbow on the counter.

"Mint chip." She says a Steve walks to the counter. Robin goes towards the tub of ice cream to scoop up a bowl for her.

"What are you doing here? Do you need a ride?" Steve says as Robin hands the girl her ice cream and spoon.

"Nah, just wondering why you let a bunch of kids, sneak in the theater to see a scary, movie. They're gonna shit themselves." Veronica said as she took a bite of her ice cream. 

"They've seen and been through worse." Steve mumbles.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asks confused. Steve looks nervous and agitated. 

"Nothing...

Did anyone else see?" He asked nervously.Veronica shook her head, and took another bite before answering.

"Just me, your lucky I was the only one at the counter- stop looking at the female costumers, Steve. You'll scare them away, and that's not good for business." Veronica said, noticing that Steve zoned out of their conversation and was drooling at some incoming college students. Steve shook his head to get back to reality.

"Man I really need to get back out in the game. It's been a while, and this stupid hat. It's totally ruining my best feature." Steve says as Robin rolls her eyes.

"Yeah that's the problem." She says sarcastically, and Steve turns to her, annoyed, before turning back to Veronica. 

"I don't get off work for another two hours, are you gonna hang around here, until then or do you have a ride?" He asks, taking a spoon of Veronica's ice cream.