Interview on Vanity Fair

The English actor is the protagonist of the second season of the fiction aired on Raiuno, in the role of Lorenzo Il Magnifico

The English actor is the protagonist of the second season of the fiction aired on Raiuno, in the role of Lorenzo Il Magnifico. And on Instagram he has 3 million followers (although he would prefer to be remembered for something else). Here it is told

Daniel Sharman says he still feels "a loser". When, at the presentation of the second season of I Medici, Lorenzo Il Magnifico, of which he is the protagonist in the role of Lorenzo de Medici, he is asked if he feels a sex symbol, the 32-year-old Londoner bursts out laughing: "I feel just out of puberty," replies the face of the new episodes of the Lux Vide TV series.

Evidently he has an altered perception of himself, given his 87 meter, blue eyes, brown curls and 3 million followers on Instagram (also thanks to the parts in Teen Wolf and The Originals).

Sharman says he felt close to his alter ego for the fear he had of facing the role, the same as Lorenzo when he took over the reins of Florence. «I knew little about the Medici, I didn't know the details, even if I should have. I read a lot and asked to spend two weeks alone in Italy to get the best of myself. "

Can you tell me about your childhood?
«I grew up in East London, in a middle class family. I was a creative child, my mother is a doctor, but also a very good painter. The part of the city where we lived was full of different communities and I always felt I was part of something. It wasn't all roses and flowers, but I can't complain. I have always been a dreamer, I liked to imagine myself in the future, but I thought that I would never have been successful in something ».

What has changed?
«I had a theater role in Shakespeare, where I was able to watch the actors working night after night. They were vulnerable, intellectual, talented, generous: all things that fascinate you at the age of 10. I was bewitched. I would go back to a playground and turn negative thoughts away. "

Did he have any?
"Like all. Separation of parents, depression, everything that can make you suffer as a child ».

The first time on the set?
«I remember it very well. It was for a television production. I was 17 and played a teenager having sex with his mother. I've always done strange parts, perhaps because as a child I considered myself a mess. "

Do you have a model actor?
"I love Mark Rylance, everything he does leaves me stunned."

How does it relate to social media?
«I am an introvert and I care about my privacy, I don't know how to behave on the Net, it's something I'm working on. It annoys me to think that all those people want to follow me. It's nice that fans appreciate me, but I would prefer to be remembered for my work and not for the number of followers ».

He's engaged?
"I've been with an Irish girl for two years, she also lives in Los Angeles but doesn't work in my field and would kill me if I talked about her."

Have you ever felt treated like an object for its appearance?
«The industry I work in tends to do it. I don't value you much and I don't realize how much I got thanks to my appearance. I probably wouldn't have this part either. But I always hope it doesn't influence what I do and that people go further. "

Source: https://danielsharman.it

Ι know that is an old interview (for those who already read it) but there is more to come😊✌🏻