Chapter 16 - Torn

HIM

I WAS DUMBFOUNDED THE MOMENT SHE LEFT THE ROOM. She is still the same old stubborn Alecx.  But I must admit, she has come a long way. Deep inside, I feel very proud of what she has accomplished. 

Her design is already amazing. But I know I can push her to do more out of her comfort zone.  Even before, I was always surprised by her creative mind.  When she was still studying, I would see all the projects she was doing in school and I would be in complete awe of how she would come up with those concepts and designs.  I sighed.  She is bringing me back to memory lane.

When Alecx left, I was devastated. It took me a long time to recover.  I buried myself at work.  Our company grew larger because I devoted myself to it.  I did not have any distractions.  My work became my girlfriend.  My mom kept on pushing me to go on dates, see different women, but nobody caught my attention.  Until I met Sam.

My dear Samantha.  She just came back from studying in one of the prestigious universities on the West Coast when we first met 3 years ago.  She finished her MBA in Interior Design and went back home afterwards.  She is the only daughter of one of my business partners, Alfredo Briones.  She came from a rich family like me but despite that, she is very humble.  Her parents taught her well.

We always see each other in business meetings, and she started catching my attention.  We started as friends and it eventually bloomed into a serious relationship.  Sam made me a better person.  And I will forever be thankful for that.  After 2 years of being together, I proposed to her and she happily accepted. 

"Ring, Ring!" I saw Sam calling me on my phone.  She is getting ready to leave for the West Coast to visit her friends and relatives.  I opened my FaceTime and saw her lovely face on the screen.

"Hi Beautiful! How are you? Are you almost done packing up?"

"Hi, Hon! Almost! I just want to check with you if you want to have lunch first before you bring me to the airport. I think I will be ready by then."  She said smiling.

"That sounds perfect. I will pick you up at lunchtime.  I just have a couple of meetings to finish, then, I will head over there.  Are you excited?"

           "Yes, I am! I have not seen my friends for a long time.  I also miss my cousins. It will be fun to get together again. How I wish you could come with me."  She replied sweetly.

"I know, Honey. But you know how tight my schedule is. I want to fix everything before we go back home.  If everything goes smoothly, I will try my best to follow you there, ok?"

"I understand. Well, I will just finish packing.  I'll let you go for now.  See you in a bit.  Love you!"

"Love you, too Honey!" I replied.  Sam ended the call and her smiling face disappeared on my phone.

           Her smile always captivates me.  That is the first thing I noticed about her. She has this genuine smile that exudes warmth.  Sam has this glowing aura, very easy to talk to.  I started opening up to her and we became very good friends.  She knew that I came from a bad relationship, but she did not know that it was Alecx.  I never told her the name of the girl who broke my heart.

Sam was the one that helped me back on my feet again.  She mended me and taught me how to love again.  We grew together, we matured together.  She made me forget Alecx completely.  Until now....

Seeing Alecx again at that meeting brought back a lot of memories.  Now, I am questioning myself, did I really get over her?  Is it possible that I can love two women at the same time?

Just thinking about it makes me feel guilty. It is unfair to Sam. But Alecx has always had a pull on me. She is like a magnet. She draws me towards her.  I am confused.  I do not know what to do.  I need to think this through....

———————————————————————————
Author's Note!

Are you torn, too? Who do you think Tristan will choose eventually? Let's see on the next chapters... will keep you in suspense for now. Update again next weekend but if I get comments, I will upload the next chapters sooner! 😜
I want to see what you guys think. I already know how the story will play/end. But I might change the ending depending on your feedbacks!

You can email me too at cyourdream1@gmail.com