05 | devil reds

I look at myself in the full-length mirror

"Ava, I can't wear this," I shout from my room for the umpteenth time. Ava walks into the room and gasps.

"I don't feel comfortable. I don't know, it's not me," I tell her, looking at her shocked expression from the mirror.

"Nonsense, you look beautiful," she says as she inspects me from the mirror. If wearing revealing clothes in itself makes you look "beautiful" then yeah, I was looking "beautiful".

The dress is beautiful, I agree, but I haven't worn something like this ever. It is bold red in colour with a sweetheart neckline that shows more of my breasts than I would like. It is tight in the waist and flowy, ending at my mid-thigh.

This is not mine, Ava brought this for herself but she said it would look better on me. I look at Ava and I know she won't force me but maybe I should wear this because I haven't worn something like this before.

Not because I'm trying to impress anyone.

"Ava?"

"Yes, babe," she tells me looking through my closet.

"Is Ace going to be there?"

She looks away from the closet and at me.

"I haven't seen him in parties but he may be in this one because the host was his childhood best friend or something. They don't talk much anymore. So I don't know, maybe?"

"I love your nude dress, I think I'll wear that," Ava says as she eyes my closet. I am happy that the dress will be used, I have no clue why I bought it in the first place. It is similar to the one I'm wearing except it hugs all the curves and isn't flowy like this red one.

We style each other's hair with Ava's hair curler. Let me tell you, she brought a huge bag with her that had everything we needed. I felt kind of embarrassed because I didn't have much. Scratch that, I had nothing for tonight. Except for that nude dress.

My hair is loosely curled and it reaches my waist. Ava gives me smokey eyes and my lip color matches my dress. I ask her if it's too much but she laughs, saying it's nothing. She does her makeup and I feel guilty for not being of much help.

Once we're done, we leave not before taking our first selfies. I look like a completely different person, and it makes me feel completely different.

"So.. you don't have a roommate," Ava states as we sit on her red Porsche.

"Nope."