Chapter 4

Hazel

Smith left few minutes before the lunch was over. Quinn didn't really appreciate his presence during lunch and even made it obvious. Too bad, Smith seemed to be ignorant about it or oblivious about it.

"Since when did he have a sudden interest in you?" Quinn asked as soon as he left the table.

"He's not interested in me." I said. "He's just playing around with us."

"He should find something else to play with or he might find himself tripping soon." She said.

"Oh Quinn." I said with a small smile on my face. "You should stop threatening people."

"You should be glad I didn't break his teeth for his lack of manners." She gritted her teeth.

"I'm proud of you." I said to her as the bell rang indicating that lunch was over. We stood up at the same time and I smiled.,

"I'm proud of myself as well." She said. "But trust me this was a one time thing. If that guy decides to challenge me again. I can't guarantee his safety."

I shake my head at her. "Trust me, you don't want your hands dirty."

She give me a secretive smile and winked at me. "I'll see you after school. Stay out of trouble."

"I should be saying that to you." I called out.

Levi followed behind me for our next class. We share some of the classes together but I doubt he knows that. Most of the time he's in his own world, so I can't blame him for that.

I slipped into my usual seat which was in the middle of the class. Instead of sitting at the back like usual, he decided to sit behind me and that made me feel uncomfortable.

"What are you up to?" I thought to myself as I placed my book on the table and started preparing for class.

"Do you have an extra pencil that I can borrow?" He leaned forward and whispered in my ear in the middle of the class.

I tried keep calm and not get irritated by his sudden intrusion in class. Mrs. Lerman dislike students who talk during her class. She usually call them out in front of the class and I must say it can be very embarrassing.

I quickly passed him a pencil without looking at him.

"Don't you have a mechanical pencil?" He whispered again.

"Are you kidding with me?" I thought to myself.

"No." I whispered back quickly. "Ask someone else."

He didn't interrupt or spoke anything after that and I sighed internally in relief.

As soon as the bell rang indicating the class was over. I wanted to rush out to the hallway and away from Levi. He's being odd today.

"Your pencil." He called out when I stepped foot in the hallway.

"Keep it." I said without turning back and walked out of the classroom.

He followed behind me swiftly to my next class.

"Thank you for Friday." He said and that made me stop in my step and I turned to look at him.

"So you do remember?" I asked.

"Just bits and pieces." He said. "Since you just confirmed it. I believe it was you who helped me."

"You're welcome." I said to him. "Have a good day, Levi." And turned to walk inside the classroom.

I didn't see him until the end of the day. He was standing near my locker talking to some girls. He seems to be a social butterfly.

"If it isn't my beholden." Levi said amusement clear on his face.

I raised one of my eyebrow at him. What's he up to now?

"Excuse us ladies, I have some important conversation that needs to be discussed privately." He give them his million dollar smile while I scoffed at him.

The girls scurried away quickly giving us the space that he needed.

"What now?" I asked as I opened my locker.

"Why so sour today?" He asked. "I thought with my presence, your day would have been sweeter."

"You wish." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Such a fascinating reaction." He remarked sarcastically.

"What do you want Levi?" I asked getting annoy by his sudden attention towards me.

"I'm beholden to you for saving my life." He said.

"And I said you're welcome which means end of the indebtedness." I said.

"For real? Just a thank you is good enough for you?" He asked surprised.

"Yes." I said. "Honestly, I would like someone to help me if I was in the same position as you."

"Ah.. I see." He said.

"So you're good." I said to him as I shut my locker and looked at him. "You don't have to pretend to be nice or friendly with me. We can go our usual way."

I saw Smith making his way towards us and I groaned in annoyance.

"Adios Amigo." I said quickly as I give him a small salute before turning around and quietly blending in with the crowd.

Author's Note: Thank you for voting for the previous chapter and also for reading this book. Please give this chapter a Vote :) Next update will be on Friday.