Chapter 14

"Ro, what is this place?" Lex asked. "Are we allowed to be here?"

"It's fine," Rosalie shrugged. "This is where Alice and Jasper go when they say that they're hunting."

"What do you me— Oh... no..." Lex cringed. "I could have lived without that knowledge."

Rosalie laughed, and sat down on the bed, gesturing for Lex to join her.

"So about my parents..." Lex asked as she ran a pale hand through her dark hair. 

"They really miss you," Rosalie sighed. "It was pretty hard to see— I won't sugar coat that. But they were really supportive of each other."

Rosalie went on to tell Lex everything that had happened in the short time that she was there. About the Halloween photo, her mom's breakdown, her dad's reaction. When she was done, Lex remained silent.

"Love, are you alright?" Rosalie asked in concern.

Lex nodded. "I wish I could tell them about everything."

"I know," Rosalie sighed. "I wish there was more that I could do for you."

Lex took Rosalie's hand into her own. "You do so much for me already."

They fell into a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's presence.

"I wish that I knew you better before all of this," Rosalie admitted, breaking the silence. "Tell me something that I don't know about you."

"I'm half Argentinian on my mom's side," Lex informed her. "But I can barely speak Spanish, so don't even ask."

Rosalie chuckled. "What else?"

"I got a hamster for my twelfth birthday," Lex continued. "Monsieur Toast."

"Why was he was French?" Rosalie laughed. Lex gave her a look, and after a moment Rosalie sighed in realization. "His name was a pun."

"French Toast," Lex nodded. "He was the best."

"Did your parents know that you like girls?" Rosalie asked curiously. That hadn't been an option when she was a human. In fact she didn't even know that same-sex relationships even existed until a few years after she had become a vampire— she had been pretty sheltered for her entire life, and it just wasn't common for people to be open about their sexuality when she had been a human.

"Yeah," Lex smiled. "They were really supportive. I was so nervous to tell them, but I just— I needed them to know. I didn't want to have any weird, secret relationships where I had to hide stuff from them or anything. Don't get me wrong, I was fucking terrified that they wouldn't be okay with it, or that they would focus on the fact that I still liked boys too and completely ignore the fact that I like girls, but they just told me that they loved me and that they were excited to meet the person I fell in love with someday... And I guess they did meet you, so it sorta worked out. I just wish that I could've been the one to introduce you to them."

Rosalie perked up at that— she couldn't help the grin that spread across her face.

"My Abuela, on the other hand, was not nearly as cool with it," Lex added. "But she's still in Argentina, and I only ever got to see her like once every two years, so it's whatever."

"What?" Lex asked, noticing Rosalie's expression.

"You love me?"

"Duh," Lex rolled her eyes playfully. "You're my mate. I love you more than anything."

A few months ago, Lex would've never thought that she could feel this way about anyone. But everything was different with Rosalie. Everything was better when she was around. The sky was bluer, the grass was greener, the sun shone brighter than it ever had before. Being with Rosalie was like living in a fairy tale— as cliche as that was. But it was true. The love that Lex felt for Rosalie consumed her in the best way possible. Rosalie made her feel like she was the best possible version of herself, and there wasn't a single moment in which Lex doubted their relationship.

"I love you too," Rosalie said, and she connected their lips. Lex responded by deepening the kiss, her hand moved up to cup Rosalie's cheek. 

Rosalie grinned into the kiss, and the two of them found themselves laying back on the bed. Their tongues exploring each other's mouths, as their kisses escalated into more.

Rosalie's hands inched down Lex's body, exploring the smooth skin underneath of her shirt. Lex pulled Rosalie closer to her.

"Wait," Lex pulled away. 

"What's wrong?" Rosalie furrowed her brow.

"I don't want my first time to be in Alice and Jasper's weird sex hideout in the middle of the woods," she covered her face in embarassment.

"Your first time?" Rosalie smirked, amusement lacing her words.

Lex groaned. "Bullying isn't an effective seduction tactic."

"Agree to disagree," Rosalie replied breezily. "But I'm not bullying. Honestly, I'm relieved. I was kinda worried that you slept with that mutt, but I didn't want to ask and make you uncomfortable."

Lex peeked out from behind her fingers. "Why were you worried?"

"I don't like the thought of him thinking about you," Rosalie said distastefully. "Especially not in that way. Even more especially because all of his mutt friends would be able to share his thoughts... It's creepy and it's weird, and quite frankly, the thought of it makes me super uncomfortable."

Lex removed her hands from her face completely and scrunched her nose. "Ew. You're right. I'm so glad I never slept with him."

"Why didn't you?" Rosalie asked, her curiosity getting the best of her. Lex and Paul had dated for longer than Rosalie and Lex had been dating. It just kinda made sense to Rosalie that Lex would've taken that step with him.

"I didn't love him," Lex shrugged. "And I know that sex and love aren't mutually exclusive, but it was important to me— it still is."

Rosalie threw her arm around Lex's waist. "Well, thank you for sharing that with me. I'm really glad that we have the kind of relationship where we can talk about stuff like this."

"Me too," Lex said as she snuggled closer to Rosalie. 

"And when the time comes, I'll make sure that we have somewhere that's just for us," Rosalie said.

"Thank you," Lex sighed in contentment.

"That being said," Rosalie added. "I'm becoming more and more aware of the fact that we're lying on the bed in— what did you call it? Jasper and Alice's weird sex hide out in the middle of the woods?"

Lex sprang up. "You're right. Let's get out of here."

A/N:

Surprise double update!!! I was feeling extra motivated lol. Thank you so much for reading!!! I genuinely appreciate it!

UPDATE: There was a sentence in this chapter that was bugging me, so I changed it. So if you're reading this because Wattpad notified you of an update, sorry, it was just some minor editing. The real update will be up in like 12 hours or whenever I wake up lol.