Part 24

In Raj's ward.

Raj was silent for a longer time. Nandini was waiting for him to answer something. But then she realised he was not well.

Nandini - Sir it's okay if you say it later. I think you should take rest now.

Raj - I don't like to stretch a topic for too long and about the decision..... (Taking a  long pause) Don't know if it is my right decision or not but 1 month....

Nandini (confused) - Huh.. 1 month.

Raj - Yes you have one month. And you have to prove me that you are not gonna cheat Manik. And also Fab5 is not gonna leave Manik. I will test you. If for once I feel that you are with him for his money then I swear... I will sue you.

Nandini's happiness knew no bounds. She glimmed with happiness. She was happy with the fact that now she won't have to pretend.

Nandini - Thank you....

Raj - Don't be so happy Nandini. I will keep a watch on you. And this opportunity is just because you were still on your words. You did what I told you to do this months. And believe me, I am a hard nut to crack. You can tell everything to Manik.

Nandini - No sir, I won't. I know it's wrong to hide this from Manik but he loves you very much. And I don't want your impression to go down. Everyone is not that lucky to have their parents.(teary eyes) He has one and he shouldn't hate you.

Raj was really touched by her words. He could clearly guess by her words, she was grown up deprived of her parents love. Her glassy eyes showed how much she miss her parents. She wiped her tears and gave a smile to him.

Nandini - Sir, I will always be grateful for this. Thanks. Sir now you should really rest.

Raj lied on the bed in deep thoughts.

Raj - I think you should also rest.

Nandini - No no, I am fine. If you need anything just call me for once.

Nandini sat on the sofa besides and took a book from her bag. She kept reading her book.

Suddenly Raj called Nandini..

Nandini - Yes sir, you need anything.

Raj - No, it's just.... Thank you. Thanks for saving my life my risking yours. I wa..nte.d to sa..y it bu.t I was a little bit...... You..know.....

Nandini - Awkward..

Raj - Yes.

Nandini (small smile) - Sir if you don't mind, may I say one thing?

Raj - Yes

Nandini - Manik is exactly like you. Your anger, your talks, it's same like Manik.

Raj - Are you trying to butter me? (Nandini nodded No) Let me tell you, it won't work.

Nandini - Sir... This is a fact. And one more thing, I never need butter to convince or prove someone. Sir you will get angry on me hearing this but I had punched Manik twice. I don't want to raise my collar up but this is to tell you that I hate faking.

Raj was speechless by her talks. He knew that Manik was a terror for the college students. All were scared of him. No one has the guts to speak in front of him and this girl punched him. He was curious to know what must have happened that she punched him but he kept quiet.

After sometime he slept due to medicines. It was almost 4. Nandini was sitting reading a book. It was her time to do the dressing of her feet but she forgot. As Manik rightly says her careless.