Chapter 4

The training facility was like nothing I had ever imagined.

The floors were sleek and shiny. Almost every piece of furniture popped out from the white walls because they were made from wood. Reall wood. I had never seen real wood in my life. Not even paper was made from trees anymore. But the desks where definitely wood, and they were neat and organized, much like the people sitting behind them. 

Whenever I passed someone, they would smile at me and nodd. I was escorted won a long hallway and into a room that was bigger than my whole apartment. It had a kitchen, a sofa and a TV. The window was fake, sure, but it was more realistic than the one we had at home. The bed was in a separate room, and it was a king size. The plump mattress sunk under me like a cloud as I plopped myself upon it. I sunk into the covers and laughed.

I was here. This was actually happening.

The first day was just to grow accustomed to my new surroundings. I had a wooden desk with a spinning chair. Instead of notebooks or a laptop, the wood was engraved and empty. I spotted a rose gold laptop sitting on the shelf above me. I placed my hand under me as I grabbed the laptop. The wooden desk suddenly produced a hologram stating my daily activities.

"Oh, sweet!" I said, then fell off my chair.

My fridge was already stocked with more food varieties than I saw in the market. There where eggs, meat, chicken, fish,  and sausage on one shelf. The fruits had their own compartment. I had never tried fresh fruit before. I tried the red fruit first. I bit into it and was surprised at the juicy crunch it made. Next, I tried the round, orange fruits. I bit into it like the red fruit and regretted my decision immediately. The shell was soft in an odd way, and bitter. I spit it out. The inside, however,  tasted sweet and tangy. 

I tried every fruit. There was a brown, hairy fruit that was green on the inside. I liked that one. There was a spiky yellow one that I didn't try because it cut my finger. There were small red ones covered with seeds. I like those too, though they tasted better with sugar. There was a weird pink one that resembled the spiky yellow one, but the tips of the spikes where green and the inside was white. It tasted like nothing. I then tried a weird fuzzy orange one, which was my favorite.

I looked it up later and found out it was called "peach". 

I made myself a hotdog, something I had only seen in movies. I burnt the sausage the first time but the second came out perfect. The bread was soft and would melt in my mouth. I copied a food show and toasted it with butter, which gave it a soft flavor.

I was too scared to add any toppings, but hotdogs are now definitely one of my favorite foods.

I then opened my closet. It was racked with clean, plain clothes. I found the pajamas and put them on in the bathroom. It was incredibly soft, made of something I had never thought existed still: Silk.

I then went to bed. I read a book and grew tired. I was way too comfortable to get out of bed. I found out the light was automatic, which was nice. 

Everything that had happened remained in the back of my mind. My eyes hurt from reading, and I hadn't slept in three days. The comfort of my bed was irresistible. 

Before long, I was asleep.