CHAPTER-10 GENEVA

The past few days had been in vain, as I was still deeply disturbed by Aaron Maxwell's audacious attack on me. He didn't need to escalate things to that level. We were no longer children, and he should behave like a grown man instead of someone with a stick lodged up his ass.

That day, Mr. Maxwell dropped me off a few blocks away from my house, which I was grateful for. The car ride from the unknown location to my neighborhood was filled with complete silence. He blindfolded me again before leaving, ensuring I couldn't see where I was. Although, even without the blindfold, I wouldn't have been able to guess. Regardless, I didn't want to provoke him further, so I allowed him to do as he pleased, yearning to reach home as soon as possible.

Upon arriving home, I met my mom at the doorway. I knew she must have been worried sick about me, and I could anticipate the onslaught of questions coming my way. However, I wasn't in the mood or had the energy to explain anything to her at that moment. So, I asked her for some time to myself.

Several days passed after that incident, and I hadn't heard from Aaron Maxwell since. I was truly grateful for that. Moreover, I had other important matters to attend to.

Tomorrow, Roman and I were leaving for Geneva. Duty called, as we needed to accompany our seniors and assist them. Additionally, I would be serving as a translator. It was an opportunity I welcomed, as I needed a break from everything here.

"Are you okay, Ella?" Roman asked me as we worked on some paperwork at the embassy.

"I'm okay, Roo," I replied, but he looked at me with disbelief, making an incredulous face. We both knew that was a lie, and he knew me well enough to see through it.

I couldn't help but smile at his expression. "Haha, Roo, that was hilarious. You know what? Next time you're about to make that face, let me know so I can capture it. You're so cute!" I continued laughing.

"Oh my god, oh my god!" he started shouting, which made me stop abruptly. "What happened?" I asked, curious about his sudden outburst.

He turned his face towards me and said, "Guys, finally, I did it! I made our Ella laugh after so many days. Finally, she smiles. Oh my god, my heart swells with pride," pretending to wipe away imaginary tears.

I playfully hit his chest. "Roman," I said, giving him a fake glare. "No, listen to me, Miss Summers. Firstly, if something is bothering you, you're bound to tell me, okay? Secondly, you're my best friend, and I can't see you so lost and distressed. Share your problems with me. If I can't solve them, I'm sure I can help you relieve some pressure from your mind. Stop burdening yourself so much; you look like my aunt."

I lightly hit his shoulder. "Roo... I'll definitely share with you, just not now. Let it slip, please. I don't want to talk about it, really. Tomorrow, we're leaving, and I want to enjoy the trip without any tension. I promise that when we return, I'll tell you everything. But for this week, please, just let it slip," I pleaded, offering him my best smile and puppy dog eyes.

He stared at me with a horrified expression. "You know I can't resist your puppy dog face, you intentionally did it, you little brat. Okay, fine. I won't ask you now, but we'll surely talk about it when we return."

Mentally doing my victory dance, I knew he couldn't resist my puppy dog face. Hopefully, this week would bring something good for both of us!

•••[688 words]

•••
[688 words]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for short chapter,next one surely going to be a long one!!!