ten. TOOTH FAIRY

You've always loved the strange birds
Now I want to fly into your world

You've always loved the strange birdsNow I want to fly into your world

Carmen awoke less than a minute later, but she felt so numb.

An ambulance arrived at the car park to pick the girls up and by the time the twins had reached the hospital, all she felt was confused. The Swan twins spent the whole ride with their arms wrapped tightly around one another and Bella's head resting on her twin's shoulder.

The whole event was a blur, but the image in her brain of those topaz eyes would remain for eternity.

The twins were seated on a hospital bed beside one another, but this time Bella bared the weight of her utterly exhausted sister. Opposite them was Tyler, the culprit behind the wheel and although the girls had forgiven him already, Carmen still held a bit of a grudge. But clearly, she wasn't the only one as Charlie Swan came storming into the overly white hospital room. "Bella, Carmen, Oh God"

Charlie pointed at Tyler as he passed, "you and I are gonna talk. You both alright?"

The two noded in an attempt to ease their father's concern but failed. "We're fine dad, calm down" Bella replied.

"I'm so sorry, I tried to stop" Tyler apologised and Carmen felt a bit bad for him, "we know, it's okay."

"No. It sure as hell is not okay."

"Dad, it wasn't his fault," Bella replied.

"You both could have been killed. Understand that?" Charlie responded.

"I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it" Carmen started chanting with a smirk, earning a 'are you serious' look from Charlie and a small chuckle from Bella at her twin's antics.

"Just trying to defuse the tension," Carmen quoted.

Before Charlie could scold his daughter, the doors to the room opened and in walked a stunningly beautiful doctor. Carmen was so glad she'd stopped herself from gaping when realising that the doctor was her new friends' foster dad. His blond hair was neatly gelled back from his pale face and he wore a pale blue tie and shirt under his white coat. She could have sworn he was the tooth fairy. "I heard the chief's daughters were here."

"Ah, Dr Cullen,"

"Charlie," he greeted in response.

"I've got this one, Jackie. Carmen and Isabella," he said,

"Bella." the younger twin mumbled.

"Well Bella, looks like you both took quite a spill, how do you feel?"

"Good," Bella replied while Carmen stuck up a tired thumbs up.

Dr Cullen chuckled as he grabbed a small light from his jacket and instructed Bella to stare at his finger while he studied her brown eyes. He then repeated this with Carmen's blue eyes, surprised at how different they were for twins.