Caterina

We were walking towards the entrance again, but at least the rain finally stopped.

Am I really doing this? I mean, it can't hurt right? It's just for one night, I'm sure it won't help at all and it's the only way I'll get my father to shut up about this nonsense and get back to being left alone.

"Caterina, wait slow down!" I was deep in thought that I didn't notice I was walking fast. I stopped to let my old man catch up.

"Haha you're dad's getting older." I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms.

"Yeah, but don't we all?" he laughs it off, and we walked together towards the elevator. As we waited for our floor, dad made small talk...which I hate.

"Why were you walking fast? Are you that eager?" he teased.

"Pfft yeah, I want nothing else than having a stranger come over and spoon me." as the doors open, I quickly leave not wanting that conversation.

As I got near her office, I heard someone talking and curiosity got the best of me and I quickly opened it, only for my ears and face to flush at what I heard.

I was looking at an irritated Ms. Williams and a dark haired girl. Who is she? And why the damn topic, I felt like a fish out of water as I did nothing but open my mouth. Thankfully, she dismissed the girl, who now I know as Gabriela and left.

I heard my dad come in, and usher me further into the office. I tried to compose myself but failed when she suddenly asked me a question.

"Don't you knock?" those deep cerulean eyes pierced through me, and I wanted nothing other than for the ground to swallow me whole. I just stammered like an idiot, while I heard my father apologize while I nod along.

She looked towards my dad and hummed in approval, but I felt my heart jump as her gaze went back to mine.

"And what about you?" I managed to stutter out my apology and think it was enough as I see her go to her desk and asked us to sit down. I was observing her again, her whole demeanor, how she acts but I snapped out of my trance as I hear my father speak.

"But only for tonight." I immediately interjected, she turns to me and asks

"Are you sure this time?"

Was she mocking me?

"Yes." her delicate hands grab a piece of paper and began writing down. Tilting my chin up inspecting what she was jotting down, I noticed her handwriting. It was beautiful, graceful even.

What the fuck, Cat?

"Do you prefer men or women?" she suddenly asks, hand stopped midwriting.

"Wha-what!?" the question definitely shocked me. I mean, I've known that I don't just bat for the other team, but I also bat for the other but still...I'd feel safer inside a woman's arms.

"Do you prefer male or female?" she asks again as I look at her eyes. I must've zoned out.

"Um women" I looked away, unable to match her piercing gaze.

"And when do you want to do this?" I answer tonight, I want this nonsense done as soon as possible. I quickly signed the contract, my nerves taking over as I retract my hand away.

We said our thanks and left, seeing ourselves outside, I found myself finally able to breathe. I didn't know why I was breathless

Was it the situation? The weird ordeal or...was it her?

~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~

Update, since I'm procrastinating lol