A Party in my Head

Without even knowing where she was going, she somehow ended up in a familiar ally. She hadn't been here since before Lena was attacked, she spent all her time trying to catch Lex or trying to take care of Lena. She knocked on the rusted door, and saw a panel slide open to reveal two brilliantly green eyes, eyes weren't human.

   "Password." said an invisible voice, the word being a command more than a question.

   "Dolly Parton." She responded, knowing the password never changed, at least not in the past four years.

    The door opened and the man with the emerald eyes backed away to make room for Kara. She walked up to the bar and sat in the same seat where Mon-El always sat at the very end of the bar. The man with the emerald eyes made his way back to the bar, they seemed to glow in the dark atmosphere.

    "What can I get for ya?" He asked Kara while wiping the bar, not even looking in her direction. It took Kara a moment to realize that he was talking to her.

    "What do you have that can get a Kryptonian drunk?"

    "There's only one thing I know that can do that."

    "I'll take one of those please." The man looked at Kara for the first time, his eyes shining. The more she looked at him the more he realized that he was less human than she thought. He had markings around his eyes, and his skin was almost translucent. His hair was a dark chocolate color, it seemed more pigmented than most human hair, it was shaggy and falling in his eyes, the dark color reflecting off his skin.

    Kara was still staring at him when he brought her drink. It was an overfilled whiskey glass, and when she realized she was still staring at him, she couldn't drink it fast enough. The liquid was both sour and bitter, and when she slammed the glass back on the counter she felt a warm buzz move through her body. For the first time the emotions that had been overwhelming her for months began to dissipate, bubbling out into the air. When she got drunk with Mon-el she only had one glass, and she was out of it, but the relief that crazy concentrated drink was giving her pushed her to order another one.

    "Excuse me!" She called out to the man with the Emerald eyes. She swore that his eyes had gotten brighter, especially as her ability to think clearly was slowly dissipating.

    "Yes, Supergirl."

    With her words beginning to slur she asked, "Wait, how do you know I'm Supergirl?"

     "Well, since you asked for something that could get a Kryptonian drunk, and Supergirl is the last daughter of Krypton."

   "Right. Can I get another one of those?" She pointed to the extra glass.

    The man with the emerald eyes turned back around despite his better judgment and placed another glass in front of Kara. She gulped this one down as fast she had gulped down the last one. She no longer had any ability to think clearly and by the third glass she  could no longer be trusted to make a judgment call.

    "Hey Emerald eyes!" She called out to the bartender and he smiled at her. She knelt on the bar stool and supported most of her weight on her elbows, half over the bar.

    "What can I do for you Supergirl?"

    "Shhhhh." She pressed a finger to her lips, "that's a secret." Her phone had fallen out of her back pocket, and it began buzzing like crazy on the floor of the bar. It was early evening and people were starting to fill the tables and chairs. Alex was trying to call to tell her Lena was out of surgery, but Kara was so drunk that she didn't even remember who Lena was.

    "What should I call you then?" Emerald eyes asked her.

   "Kara," the last "a" was carried out for an extra second.

   "Okay, Kara what can I do for you?" He gave her a good natured smile, laughing to himself.

    "Will you dance with me?" She paused for a moment and saw confusion in his eyes, "see, I really like this song, and I want to dance, but I don't have anyone to dance with me. Will you dance with me?" She pointed a finger towards him.

    "I'm sorry Kara, but I'm working." He almost spoke to her as a child.

    "Oh, buzzkill." Their faces were only inches apart before she fell back into her chair. She left her chair and her phone, which was still buzzing endlessly, and proceeded to the middle of the bar on her own. It had been hours, and Kara was so drunk that she didn't even know what song was playing. After dancing endlessly for several minutes, she found herself floating about six inches above the ground. Without going back down she made her way to the bar to grab another drink. She tried to sit on her chair, but she just ended up floating in a sitting position. It wasn't until she was leaning over the bar again that she was no longer flying.

    "Yo! Dude with the green eyes!" She had never bothered to ask his name, and she never would, but they would haunt her. He came over, her lips only hovering a few inches from his, and instead of asking for another drink like she originally intended, she grabbed a fist of his shirt and pulled his lips into hers.

    It was at that moment Alex walked into the bar. "Kara!" she called out. "What the hell are you doing?!" Kara pulled away from the man with the Emerald eyes. Alex grabbed her by the arm and pulled her off the chair.

   Kara was on the ground but she could barely stand up straight. Holding most of Kara's weight up Alex smelled something toxic, yet unfamiliar, on Kara's breath, "are you drunk?" She asked with surprise in her voice.

    Kara suddenly filled with shame, dropping her head to her chest. Alex bent down and picked Kara's phone up from the bar floor, "I have been trying to find you for over two hours, is this what you were doing when you ran out of the hospital, getting drunk and kissing strange men." she dusted off remaining peanut shells.

    No response. "Ok, I'm gonna get you home, and we'll talk about this more when you're sobered up." Alex grabbed Kara by the wrist, pulling her hard.

    Kara looked at Alex as she stumbled out of the bar, unable to put one foot in front of the other. She almost fell as she asked, "what about Lena?"

    "You," Alex paused to let Kara take it in, "are in no position to go see Lena right now." Alex got Kara home and shoved her into the shower, before leaving to go back to the hospital.