Chapter 29

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE💖

The next morning, Amiyah woke up and she didn't see Dominic. As she sat up she heard the sink water running and when it stopped, he walked out of the bathroom.

He didn't have on a shirt, just some shorts.

"Goodmorning", Dominic said.

"Goodmorning", Amiyah replied.

Dominic sat in one of the chairs. He didn't really make eye contact with her. After him telling her he loved her, he just felt awkward.

Amiyah sat up and sighed.

"You okay?", he asked.

"No", Amiyah replied. "Bianca warned me, you warned me and a part of me wanted to listen but I didn't. He never wanted to wear a condom and I didn't forced him to and now I'm pregnant...I just feel like an idiot. But it doesn't even matter because he was crazy about me before we got together. Either way he was going to make it so we got together"

"You're not an idiot, alright? You're just a good person, it's just that you can't do everything on your own...some people, they just don't want any help", Dominic said.

Amiyah looked down. "Shouldn't you be at work?", she asked.

"I called our sick", he replied. "What was your excuse?"

Amiyah looked at him. "I quit", she replied.

"You quit?", Dominic asked. "Why?"

"I'm leaving the city. Just like I told you last night", she said.

"Is he that bad?", Dominic asked. "What did he do to you?"

"It was my fault", Amiyah said. "I did it. I made him mad and I shouldn't have"

"People get mad Amiyah. But not that mad that the other person feels so scared to leave", Dominic said.

"I have to use the restroom", Amiyah said as she got out of the bed. "And I don't wanna talk about this"

"Amiyah, we need to", Dominic said.

Amiyah stopped walking and looked at him.

"We don't need to talk about anything. It has nothing to do with you", Amiyah said. "I haven't even told Bianca"

"Okay but maybe a restraining order isn't what he needs!", Dominic shouted.

Amiyah jumped a little.

Dominic calms down and sighs. "Everybody isn't a Saint. There are bad people out there. You should know. You're a lawyer", Dominic said.

"Okay well guess what? I made a mistake and now I'm getting out of it", Amiyah said.

"He should be going to jail before anybody else gets hurt", Dominic said.

Amiyah looks down as she walks to the bathroom.

Dominic shook his head and got up to get his phone. He decided to call Bianca but she didn't answer. Her phone went straight to voicemail, so he texted her.

MESSAGE:
Dominic: hey, I have been trying to talk to Amiyah about Lamar. I could use your help🙄

Dominic put his phone down and turned on the tv and put it on the news.

Amiyah walked out of the bathroom.

"My flight is leaving at 1 today", she said. "So, I'm about to get ready"