𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

I 012

I 012. I

𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔

❝ drakon ❞

ARIADNE DID NOT THINK SHE WOULD BE SAVING SOMEONE FROM A HELICOPTER IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR. It was quite less expected compared to everything she had gone through the last few days, and her eyes narrowed in on the piece of machinery.

There they were, flying a pegasus toward an out of control helicopter. If Guido had been any less of a fancy flier, they would've been chopped to confetti.

Ariadne could hear Rachel screaming inside. For some reason, she hadn't fallen asleep, but she could see the pilot slumped over the controls, pitching back and forth as the helicopter wobbled toward the side of an office building.

"Ideas?" Percy asked Annabeth.

He sat behind the girls. Annabeth at the front, devising a plan. Percy was holding onto Ariadne by the waist, seeing as she wasn't exactly worried about falling off and more about trying to stop the helicopter.

"You're going to have to take Guido and get out," she said.

"What are you going to do?"

In response, Ariadne said, "Hyah!" and Guido went into a nosedive.

"Duck!" Annabeth yelled.

They passed so close to the rotors Ariadne felt the force of the blades ripping at her hair. They zipped along the side of the helicopter, and Annabeth and Ariadne grabbed the door.

That's when things went wrong.

Guido's wing slammed against the helicopter. He plummeted down with Percy on his back, leaving Ariadne to tuck and roll into the footer while Annabeth dangled form the side of the aircraft. Percy was so terrified he could barely think, but as Guido spiraled he caught a glimpse of Rachel and Ariadne pulling Annabeth inside he copter.

Ariadne hit the side of the copper as it was sent to the right. She cursed loudly, pushing Annabeth toward the controls while gripping the back of Rachel's shirt.

She threw an arm over her shoulder and held her close. Despite her not having any fondness toward the redhead, she was making sure Rachel wasn't thrown from the helicopter.

Rachel screamed in her ear.

Ariadne gave her an annoyed look. "Calm down!" she yelled.

"We're in an out of control helicopter and you want me to calm down?!" Rachel cried, gripping the brunette's grey shirt and holding on for dear life.

"Yes!" Ariadne screamed.

Annabeth hurried to the controls. She moved aside the pilot and buckled him in the seat next to her. The blonde glanced back at Ariadne. "You okay?"