[ one ]

Veracella Cullen still remembered the day that her life went to ruins.

Her death occured on the ninth of September, deep in the year 1663, and filled with heartbreak over her missing, and most probably dead, husband Carlisle Cullen.

Vanessa Cullen, only 3 years and 3 months old, was crying in her crib, and the red-headed woman was frantically trying to calm her daughter down, rocking her back and forth slowly.

Veracella Cullen still remembered the day that her daughter called for her father.

"Mama?" Vanessa had murmured quietly, blinking back her tears as she held onto her mother's thumb, "Where's my papa? When is he coming back?"

"I-" Veracella couldn't hold her tears anymore, "I don't know sweetheart, I don't... I don't know. I'm sorry."

She began sobbing as well.

Veracella Cullen still remembered the day that she got bit.

It was only days before she'd completely broke down in front of her daughter, and she was taking a refreshing walk through the garden that Carlisle had owned before everything had gone directly to her.

Night had come quickly and unexpectedly, and before the woman knew it, she was hurrying home, looking over her shoulder worriedly as the darkness wrapped around her like a cloak.

But the moon itself couldn't protect the one that was being hunted by the creatures of the sun.

One crack of the twigs on the ground led to another, and soon enough, Veracella was being drained of all of the blood she held in her frail body.

Veracella Cullen still remembered the day that she'd learned that her daughter was dead.

It had been two decades at least, since Veracella had been turned from human to vampire.

That was what she was.

The sweet, innocent moon no longer protected the very evil of the earth, no, it was the blood that Veracella drew bitterly that swarmed her.

She'd done so much wrong.

Even so, Vera, as she went by now, continued to watch over her daughter silently.

Vanessa was twenty-three years old.

She was there one second, eating dinner in the fine hotel that she always could afford, thanks to the mother that she thought dead.

And she was gone the next, Veracella's heart gone too.

Veracella Cullen still remembered the day that she'd found out that she had "powers".

The seasoned vampire had been cornered by three vampires, who looked a little moonstruck in their eyes.

After two rather aggressive steps in her direction, as well as some not-so-nice words, Veracella had snapped.

She wasn't even sure how she'd done it in the first place, either.

But the woman had felt her eyes filter down, into a bright red, just like the blood of her countless victims.

You wouldn't happen to know the 1740 Batavia massacre, would you?

Well, in case you hadn't, the 10,000 Chinese-Indonesians that were slaughtered in and around Batavia?

Yeah, that was Veracella.

So was the Bloody Falls Massacre, Baylor Massacre, Olowalu, and Cherry Falls Massacres, etc.

I think you know where I'm going with this.

The maroon haired woman had looked down, allowing the vampires to stupidly approach her, before allowing all of the pain that she felt overtake her.