fourteen

Arlen kept staring at Nate. He looked like if Nate made one bad move, he'd ninja chop his head off and knowing Arlen, it's something he'd probably do. There was an eighty percent chance.

"So you're the online weirdo he met?" Arlen asked, narrowing his eyes at Nate who stared at him head on. I mentally shook my head at my friend and his antics. I already knew he liked Nate and has already researched him. Well, googled him to make sure.

Key wrapped his arms around Arlen, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Calm down, baby. We don't say mean words to people's faces."

Oh my god. I fought the urge to facepalm and instead moved closer to Nate, wrapping my arm around his waist. They were trying to be protective and it was making my skin warm and I just wanted to throw a bucket of water on their faces. Why were they doing this to me? What did I do to deserve this.

"I will send you both out of my house." I said, glaring at the two of them.

"If I may..." Nate said. He reached for my hand and laced our fingers together. "I never thought I would meet anyone on Lovematch. I've been on that app for months and I had never actually used it before I fell across Cil's profile. I could show you my app if you want." Nate said, reaching to pull his phone from his pocket but I stopped him before he could hand the phone over to Arlen.

"Alright. Let's end this." Key said and Arlen shuffled off his lap. He leaned forward, elbow resting on his thighs and hand clasped forward. "You so much as make him cry and I'll gut you." Key said. His words so sure and full of promise. "You so much as break his heart and I will find you-"

"-and he won't gut you. I'll keep you in our basement and make sure you suffer for a long long time." Arlen added, completing his husband's statement. It always fascinated me when they did that but it just made me a little exasperated today.

Nate was a little scared. I could tell from how he tensed up and the way he swallowed. If only he knew he had nothing to worry about. I have been to Key and Arlen's home and so has Jaden. What they had in their basement was a cinema. Large screen, plush chair, concession stand, cotton candy machine and even some games.

"Alright! Threats aside! Let's talk about what Arlen and I brought over." Key said, gesturing towards the bags. I let go of Nate and reached for the bags, opening it and staring wide eyed at the items inside.

"So a brand signed with us today, you know. For our shopping site and I liked their stuff so much because it reminds me of what you wear so I got you some stuff and also for Jaden too." Arlen said. "You both have similar styles. Like twin brothers."

"He's younger than us all, Arlen." I said as I pulled out a bright orange jumper. The material was light and there was a white rose stitched onto the upper left side of it. It was so pretty, I just wanted to slip it on.

"Yeah, it really does suit you." Nate said, smiling softly at me.

"Arlen didn't want to make it seem unequal so you've got eight bags of stuff and so does Jaden." Key said as he reached for his husband, hauling him back onto his lap and peppering Arlen's face with kisses. Their ringed finger laced together.

Nate leaned towards me and whispered. "How long have they been together?" He asked.

"Ten years. Dated for four and married for six." I told him, smiling softly at my friends who were a little lost in their own world rn.

"Have they always been like this?" Nate asked and I giggled. Yeah, I've been asked this a lot actually. Most of the time it's at any event those two hosts, (they made sure to announce to everyone that I was their best friend, the one who made them keeping going when times were hard at the start of their business). They've always been like this, ever since they met and that junk food festival Arlen had dragged me to.