Making it close

I woke up and did the same usual morning routine and the Golden Eagle. I headed out to the tournament. There were lots of people there and I suspect it's because today is back to back fighting which means that the winner will be seen today. I can already with confidence say it will be me considering I hit level 60 just now. It feels like I can really do some damage on my own. Although I will probably have to make things look a bit dramatic since I will draw too much attention if I keep going full-out. So the fighting has just begun and I'm surprised that I haven't seen a mage or anything here from any other classes... I'm guessing there must be some sort of catch with their levels or something. Maybe it's boring to watch. So the referee started the match and the two fighters went at it on full speed. At this point it felt like watching a slow motion battle and I was getting frustrated by watching. Finally the battle ended with a lucky hit from the opponent and the match came to a close. I was moved up from last battle to the second last so I'm guessing it's kind of an improvement. I stepped into the ring and my aura filled it. The referee looked quite scared at my presence. Is level 60 really that far ahead? If there was a guy who was 89k in levels. I figured it wouldn't possibly be.

Willby: "On average the levels for people within haven are around 30 with the second highest being 54."

Namey: "Really?" I sighed.

My opponent entered the arena circle. I decided since there was no threat in this town that could possibly do anything to me I might as well get it over and done with. The referee pointed us to our corners.

Referee: "Are you both ready?!"

Opponent: "Yes!"

Namey: "Of course."

The referee's hand drops signalling the start of the match.

I immediately with one step breached the gap to the opponent and looking at him face to face for a brief moment punched him in the gut and he was sent flying. Again the crowd was shocked in disbelief but they started to roar in amazement. The opponent was half-near at death's door. Before A healer rescued him.

Namey: "I think I punched too hard"

Willby: "And that wasn't even a full punch."

Namey: "yikes!"

So the next few fights were long and worn all the fighters out. The first ones to fight had the most advantage since fighters who fought last might have to fight in the next fight after their battle is over with how fast we need to reenter a fight according to the tournament. My next fight was up and it was the semi-finals. My opponent being Gabriel.

Gabriel: "Hate to break it to you but you are going to lose!"

Namey: "How?"

Gabriel: "Did you know assassins can conceal their true strength?"

Namey: "Are you going to tell me you are level 54?"

Gabriel: "Uhh... wait if you know and you are this calm... what is your level?"

Namey: "As of now?"

Gabriel: "Y-y-yeah"

Namey: "72..."

Gabriel: "I didn't think you were a man who would choose deceit as a scare tactic!"

Referee signalled the start of the fight and Gabriel went all-out. If I was level 60 I would have lost but because of how my farming techniques have always been ongoing I hit 72 in a few hours after the battles. So when Gabriel went for the final last blow on me I had to dodge and use my weapon to finish off Gabriel. This landed him the death penalty of 1-2 days. (tournaments are reduced)