Chapter#48

Salam and hello everyone!
~Happy New Year~

_______________________________

Unedited.

~*~

Zulqarnain's POV:

"What did you do to Hira?" He frowned.

Hira???

"Shouldn't you be calling her, Miss Hira or Baji (sister)?" I start walking towards my room to avoid the conversation.

"Don't try to dodge my question."

"She is my friend and whatever I do, it's none of your concern." I said walking to my room.

"It is my concern."

"And why is that?" I halted and turned to him, "Who is she to you?"

"You won't understand it."

"Why? Am I not intelligent enough?"

"You are a superficial person. You can never understand what she is to me."

"Ahmar, you are being rude." I frowned at his behaviour.

He stared back at me before going back to his room. An urge to stop him emerged, I needed a clear answer, which he didn't give nor Hira. But I stopped myself and silently came to my room. The things happening today were unfathomable to me and I wanted to stay alone to prevent any further mishaps.

~*~

Hira's POV

It was a Tuesday evening and I was walking downstairs for the dinner with the same half gloomy and half annoyed mood, in which I have been spending the past two days. Zulqarnain didn't approach me after that day and I also didn't bother to talk to him. His stupidity has no cure and I am not interested in wasting my time to find any medicine for it. If he has a huge ego then mine is no less than a mountain.

Hmph! Pagal insaan (mad man)...

While calling him by dozens of strange names I made my way to the living room but soon stopped when an email notification popped up on my phone screen. I quickly opened it and froze in my place for a few moments. The email was from the human resource department of a famous national college about the upcoming interview for the job I applied for. In a state of shock, I reread the email several times to make sure that my eyes weren't deceiving me, it was hard to believe that I was among the shortlisted candidates for the interviews. I wasn't looking forward to it at all, I have always heard that they preferred their own graduates and hardly select an outsider but I guess I was quite fortunate.

"Are you planning to spend the rest of your days standing here like a sculpture?" A very familiar voice from behind startled me, I quickly turned around and found Ahmar giving me a questioning look.

"Oh, so you changed your plan." He smirked and passed by.

This kid...

I sighed and walked into the dining room where Ahmar was standing holding the chair where I usually sit.

I think he is aiming to tease me today.

Silently I made my way to the other side, towards Zulqarnain seat.

"Where are you going?" Asked Ahmar and I pointed towards a chair.

"Why aren't you sitting here?" He shook the chair.

"I thought you were about to sit there."

"I took out this..." He didn't complete the sentence and stomped towards me.