Chapter 24. あいしてう

Once everything calmed down I went on a jog to clear my head.

I got a phone so at least I can listen to music, it's not as good as my old one but what can I do. As I was reminiscing a sharp pain exploded in my left knee, I dropped like a rock and ended up banging my head pretty hard. My vision was black for a few seconds then went back to normal.

I can't even take a quick run.

"Chikusho!!" I yelled out into the night (lately I have been watching a lot of anime ).

I gingerly made my way home and had a few stops along the way but I made it, the house was empty so no one saw me. I iced my knee and took a pain killer, once I was stable I took a hot bath.

"Well this sucks." said Mikel.
"Nothing you can do but keep going!" Charlotte replied from the other side of the bathroom door.
"Hopefully I can walk normally tomorrow, if not then I will deal with it." I mumbled.
"You know in Japan they have mixed baths." Mikel grinned wickedly.
"Shut up!!" Charlotte slammed the door.

I was dazed deep in my own thoughts not paying attention to anything beyond my mind.

***

The alarm wakes me up with its annoying ringing. I get up and start getting ready .
I take a long shower as I am reflecting my miserable weekend.
The worst weekend in the history of bad weekends plays in my head as the water drips down my face. I had no phone for most of the weekend so that didn't really help.

Like seriously what kind of a
seventeen year old teen has no phone. The worst part about it, is the fact that my phone is just sitting at a police station ( I'm sure an officer has blessed himself with phone) .

I quickly get out the shower to wake up my sister
"Get up man!" I yell as she looks at me while she was half asleep. I then began to dress up and prepare for school which takes like 90 minutes. After making sure my hair was perfect I had breakfast.

After breakfast I ran to the car and off we went. The journey is pretty long and my father drops me off first. The mood in the
car cooler than the weather outside.

I got out the car and I stared at the black BMW as it drove away wishing I left with my father,
but only because I did not want to go to school.
I walked into the school and went to The Spot and there they were The Squad.
I reached the huge group of boys that were screaming at each other.
We chatted and laughed as we talked about our " wonderful" weekends.
We eventually ended up talking about soccer and of course everyone was against Andrew. Andrew for some stupid reason supports Tottenham hot spurs! We always mock him, I low-key feel bad about it (but only sometimes).
He decided to talk about Chelsea(my favourite English soccer team).

"What place is Chelsea on the log?" Andrew said as he smiled showing of his braces. "Shut up!Chelsea is gonna win the league bruv don't be jealous coz you support Tottenham hot sperms!" I spat back with an evil smirk on my face (not all of the malic I shot at him was a joke) while the rest of the guys were dieing from laughter.

The day carried on with the same monotonous mood, everything seemed gray and pointless.
Of course the only source of light was Iris even my dull mood could not suppress her light aura, and it was so infectious that it cancelled all the darkness I had welled up inside me. It was during that short encounter that I realized that I should ask her out and have her all to myself.

"Dude have you been watching Attack on Titan?" Ken sat next to me while the rest of the group were taking a walk during lunch.

Ken is a weeb, he absolutely loves anime. His passion is so great it has affected me but in a slightly different way.

"No I haven't, I have been watching dxd." I replied in between mouth fulls.
"Why would you leave AOT for dxd."
"For one reason my friend...oppai"
"Hentai! No wonder you can't get Iris."

To preserve my innocence I will not translate those words.

"About that... I'm thinking of asking her out, today."
"Woah, are serious?"
"Yep."
"There is no taking it back after this man."

Exactly, that's my only concern.

The bell rang for the end of school and I decided I'm going to do it. I called her out and took her to a secluded spot in the school, which probably set off a lot of red flags for her but I needed to get this of my chest.

I decided to start with idle banter to kind of set the mood, well honestly it was because my heart was racing so I was saying anything just to enjoy this time before I changed everything.

After awhile I decided to just go with it.

"Uhmm the-there is something I wanted to say to you..." I stammered.
"Go on." Iris replied with a suspicious look in her eyes.
"Uhmm w-well I-I uhmm..." I was trying to find the words but they seemed to disappear.
"Yes?"
"Ever since I met you I have been in awe of you, I have never met anyone like you, your just amazing."
Iris must have caught on to what I was getting at because her eyes seemed to brighten with understanding and then she looked away.

Seeing her facial expression my heart started beating even faster.

"I called you out because, because I wanted to-to tell you that- that I..."

The words were stuck in my throat. After a long pass for some reason they just launched out of my throat.

"IRIS I LOVE YOU AND HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU FROM THE MOMENT I SAW YOU!!!"