23| Date

Chapter 23: Date (Hope's POV)

"Bye, Mr. Kingston," Blake smiled at my dad. We just finished dinner and he's about to head back home. 

"Bye, son," my dad said, already halfway to his room. 

"Son?" Blake mumbled to me. "In law?" he whispered with a smirk.

"Don't you think you're way too into your head sometimes?" I asked, pushing him towards the front door. 

"No," he shook his head. 

"Not at all." 

"Hmm, well I do," I chuckled. 

"Well, I think you're wrong." 

"I think I'm right." 

"Sorry to disappoint, but the lady isn't always right," he smirked. 

"She is right now," I said, opening the door and pushing him out. 

"How rude," he scoffed. 

"Goodnight," I sang. 

He grabbed my waist and kissed me quickly before pulling away. "Bye," he smirked. 

I shut the door and shook my head clear of the hazy thoughts before going into the kitchen to grab some ice cream. I grabbed a spoon and was taking a bowl when I jumped, seeing Blake in front of the kitchen window. My hand flew to my chest while I exhaled. I rolled my eyes, setting the bowl down and opening the kitchen window. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked. 

"I was just about to leave, relax," he smiled, leaning his head through the window, resting his elbows on it. "I just had to ask you something." I raised my eyebrows at him questioningly. "Are you free tomorrow?" 

"Depends on why you're asking," I smiled. 

"I'm asking because I was wondering if you'd want to go out," he paused. "On a date." 

"Oh?" I chuckled. 

"Oh," he nodded. 

"And where do you suggest we go on this date?" I leaned forward, my hands on the edge of the counter and my face inches from his. 

"I suggest we decide that together so neither one of us is complaining," he said, his eyes traveling down to my lips. 

"Good idea, where do you want to go? I'll let you know what I think. Then I'll suggest a place and you let me know what you think." I brushed his hair out of his eyes but that one strand just kept falling forward so I let it be. It looked good that way. 

"I suggest..." He started leaning in but I grabbed his chin, tilting his face up. 

"You suggest?" 

"I suggest the arcade. It's where we were together last before you left. Not to mention, it's really fun." 

I couldn't help but grin at his answer. "The arcade it is." 

"I'll pick you up at four?" 

"Four," I nodded in agreement. "See you then." 

He leaned in, stealing another kiss. "Bye." 

"Bye," I chuckled. He turned around and left and I closed and locked the window, taking my ice cream up to my room. About ten minutes into the ice cream session, it dawned on me that this is a real date. Even if it's just at the arcade, it's a real date. I put the empty bowl down and stood up, heading over to my closet. I opened the closet and started looking for something to wear. 

I want to look pretty but I don't want to be uncomfortable for the whole day either so we're going to meet in the middle, of course. I first grabbed my favorite boyfriend jeans and tossed them onto my bed and then turned to all my crewnecks and sweaters. I found a simple white one with cherries stitched all over the top. It was a v-neck sweater with four big buttons down the middle so I guess it also works as a cardigan top. But I'm just going to wear it as a sweater.