I FELT LIKE I LEFT SOMETHING BEHIND

I want to eat your pancreas is a Japanese movie that struck the anime community and one of the hit Drama genre in film history. It is an anime adaption of Yoru Sumino's novel, it tells the story of a bookworm, Haruki Shiga, who is deeply detached from the world he resides in, a loner perhaps. He has no interest in others and is firmly convinced that nobody has any interest in him either. His story begins when he stumbles across a handwritten book, titled "Living with Dying." He soon identifies it as a secret diary belonging to his popular, bubbly classmate Sakura Yamauchi. She then confides in him about the pancreatic disease she is suffering from and that her time left is finite. Only her family knows about her terminal illness; not even her best friends are aware. Despite this revelation, he shows zero sympathy for her plight, but caught in the waves of Sakura's persistent buoyancy, he eventually concedes to accompanying her for her remaining days. As the pair of polar opposites interact, their connection strengthens, interweaving through their choices made with each passing day. Her apparent nonchalance and unpredictability disrupts the protagonist's impassive flow of life, gradually opening his heart as he discovers and embraces the true meaning of living.

(This first paragraph or the introduction contains a description from MyAnimeList (MAL), here is the link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/36098/Kimi_no_Suizou_wo_Tabetai)

          Having a title called I want to eat your pancreas, an ordinary person would think it is a horror or thriller film. Nonetheless, right on the very onset, the supposed twist of the film is already a giveaway, and somehow the film still defeats the very expectation of all the viewers. Despite having a bizarre title and giving the viewers at the very beginning an idea of how the show will end, the film ended the way the viewers foresee but their very expectation was totally destroyed and they felt like they left something behind, it is really indeed a drama.

          As expected, the animation is very high quality and well animated as well as for the art style. The timing of their movements is smooth and synchronized in their Voice Actors/Actress. As for the art style of the characters, it is well drawn because I can feel their emotions, the emotions of the characters, even though it is a drawing but still I feel them, I somehow understand their feelings. As for the background, it is truly wonderful, the nature, city, animals, vehicles are well drawn and you will see the beauty of Japan, it is truly similar. You will feel like you are there, with them, like you are one of them.

         The plot is well written, because it is a fantasy yet realistic, you can relate, you can view yourself as one of the characters, you can see and understand the events, to be precise, it is logical and entertaining. As for twists and turns in the story, it is one of the best, because how could an author spoil his own work at the very beginning and still defeat the viewers expectations? I read many stories with insane plot twist but this film is one of the best, it might be simple at first but at the end you will feel something very different... The plot will eat you, your mind and your soul, dragging you in the story until you cannot escape anymore...

         As for musical score, that is the only thing that is lacking in the film, however, it is not really that bad because it still coping with everything, but if the music and songs are well made then the whole show will be the best among the rest in history. Because the music in the show is not really tearjerker, it is just a typical music in every romance and drama.

          I am giving I want to eat your pancreas five out of five stars. There are a lot of films that made me cry and have a good plot, but this is the only film that made me cry over and over, even I repeat it in every month or days, I still cry at the end of it. Why? Because I felt I left something behind, an important one, I really relate at the story, I felt like I was there at the entire time, the story gives me a clear idea what life is and how should we live with it, there a lot of things I want to say but I will just keep it in my heart... As I write this review, recalling everything, somehow my eyes are getting blurry... The film is already a scar in my heart that will never be erased and forgotten...