Chapter 1

FLASHBACK
I walked into the house, "Dad, I am home from school." I call out as I put my backpack on the hook by the door. I walk to the refrigerator and pull out an apple and chomp into it. I grab out the hamburger and set it on the counter. I wash my hands and  start pulling stuff out to make meatloaf, mash potatoes, greenbeans, and biscuits.

Dad walked into the kitchen and said, "your mom will pick up Barry, Harry and Larry will be home by 5. We will have a family meeting after supper."

"Dad, I got a lot of homework tonight. Can't we have the meeting tomorrow?"

"Emily , I was offered a promotion. If I take it then we will have to move."

"Move during my senior year of high school?"

"That is why I want a family meeting. The alpha would promote me up to Beta in charge of pack accounting. Then he said their pack's midwife is wanting to retire and your mom could take over that practice. But it would mean moving which is why I want a family meeting."

"Wow, Beta position. You cannot turn that down. Let me go make a cake to celebrate yours and mom's promotion." I smile at him on the outside but inside I was crying. I was not wanting to leave Riverbend Pack where my extended family and friends were.

[Author note: I was asked who is extended family- in this case would be grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.]

I went to the kitchen and finishing making supper. I was frosting the cake when mom came home with all my siblings.  My sisters had been at the youth center playing basketball and mom had picked up my little brothers from the day care center.

Everyone washed their hands and my sisters helped set the table. We all sat at the table and ate supper and discussing our day. Then dad said, "I would like for you all to go into the family room after we clean up supper. Your mom and I have something to discuss with you all."

We all bring our dishes into the kitchen. We rinse them off and place them into the dishwasher. Sonya and Tonya washes the pots and pans. Barry grabs a washcloth and goes wipe down the table from supper, Harry grabs a washcloth and wipes down the counters. Larry grabs the broom and goes sweeps the floor around the table. Mom puts away all the leftover food in the refrigerator for her and dad's lunch tomorrow. Dad grabs a towel and starts drying and putting away the pots and pans. Within 15 minutes we were all sitting in the living room.

Dad grabs mom's hand and says, "today, I got a phone call from my friend from college, Alpha Benjamin Pettit. His pack has expanded to the point they need a second Beta. He talked to your Uncle Charles about transferring me to his pack as Beta in charge of accounting and office. Plus their midwife wants to retire in the next year and would offer your mom a promotion to pack midwife."

Sonya screeches in excitement, "we would be promoted up to beta?"

Tonya ask, "will they have a basketball team there?"

Sonya, "will we get our own room?"

The boys starts jumping up and down and feeding off their sisters.

All the sudden there is a loud whistle and it gets quiet and we all quickly look at mom. Dad says, "someday, I have to learn how to do that."

Mom smirks and replies, "we been together almost 20 years as a couple and you never could do it then or now." She then looks at all the pups, "Benjamin sent us a house layout. If we take the promotion we would get a nanny who will live with us. Plus we would get a housekeeper and cook who would live by us. Let me show you the townhouse layout they sent us. He did say that all the bathrooms are being converted to include a bath/shower combo. Then the rooms with the bunks and twins will get king size beds like the other rooms. Then Sonya before you complain your bathroom they are removing the second door. They will add a half bath in the game room. Plus they have an unfinished basement we can set up like we want it. They are setting up a laundry room with three washers and dryers. Plus adding 12 walk in closets around it. Your bedrooms you can bring up your clothes for the week and rest of your clothes will be stored in your own personal large closets. There will be a section that will be where outdoor toys and sports storage will be. It will have an outdoor entrance only. There is a safe room that can hold up to 30 people. This safe room is shared with the other families attached to our townhomes.

I ask, "we won't be living in the packhouse? We will be living in a house? When  would we be moving?"

I ask, "we won't be living in the packhouse? We will be living in a house? When would we be moving?"

"Their packhouse is where they have their meetings, and only guest stay in their packhouse. Their pack has 1-3 bedroom apartments. Then 4-9 bedroom townhomes. They are giving us one of the 9 bedroom townhomes. Each of you will now have your own bedrooms with a few changes that were mentioned," dad replied.

Mom added, "with us getting added responsibilities we will be assigned extra help. We will have twin nannies who lost their mates living with us. Then there will be a couple who is assigned to us. They will take care of preparing meals and cleaning. However, you will still be in charge of your own rooms and helping cleanup after supper."

"They do have a youth center where you can sign up for your sports. Plus they have mandatory training for 1st grade on up. It will be twice a week in place of your classes. They have a day care center where the boys will attend. Then next year they will start at the elementary school. Sonya and Tonya will be in the middle school and Emily will be in the high school. Their school has not started for the year. We will be unenrolling you from school here."

"Once we officially accept the position their alpha will arrange someone to come and pack up all our stuff. Then they will fly us to their territory. We would still be part of this pack and not sever our connection until they do their induction ceremony. This way we won't be considered rogues while in transition."

"Now your sister made a cake to celebrate our promotion so let's go have it."

The next day dad called and accepted the promotion. Then they had all out stuff boxed up and shipped to their area over the next week. Our pack through a barbecue and bonfire for us. Then the next day we caught a private plane to our new home.

 Then the next day we caught a private plane to our new home