Chapter 1

None of these characters belong to me and unfortunately I don't own the rights to this awesome show. This is my first fanfiction so I hope you like it.

Evan 'Buck' Buckley really wasn't looking forward to going to work. Even though he was allowed back on calls it was still a living nightmare. No one understood the reason he filed the stupid lawsuit in the first place was to get back to the job and the people he loved.

Bobby would only talk to him to bark orders at him, other than that he acted as if Buck wasn't even there. This also meant he couldn't talk to Athena because he didn't want to worry her or for her to rip into Bobby. Chimney would always try to include him but one glance from their captain stopped that straight away. It was the same with Hen. Maddie was still always there for him, but after a while Buck stopped going to her. He didn't want to make things awkward between her and chim. Then Eddie wouldn't even look in Buck's direction. To Eddie, Buck was no longer there. This wasn't even the worse part. Eddie had broken all contact between Buck and Christopher. That had hurt the most.

But Buck wasn't going to complain. He was finally allowed to do what he loved and the words Bobby said to him still rang in his head, 'My house, my rules'. Yes the way his so called family treated him sucked but at least he was allowed to work and it was better than the chores Bobby had him doing previously.

As he pulled up to the station, which was like a second home to him, Buck took a breathe to calm himself down. He could already tell he was in for a rough day before he had gotten out of the car. Bobby was stood at the entrance with an angered look plastered on his face.

" Buckley, your late!" he exclaimed. That couldn't be right. Buck checked his watch and phone. They both said he was five minutes early.

"Sorry cap", Buck replied hastily " I must have misread the time."

"Well don't let it happen again."

Buck smiled and knodded and continued into the locker room where he proceeded to change into his uniform. Upstairs he could hear everyone sitting down to have breakfast but he knew he wouldn't be welcome. When he first came back, Buck tried to make himself included at meals but Bobby would ignore him and Eddie would just glare at him, occasionally add the snide comment every now and then. So after a while he figured he would just bring his own food, that way no one could complain and everyone would be happy.

However, before Buck had a chance to start eating, the bell rang out.