9 - Sequel.

Now you feelin' guilty, that's your conscious
Can't you tell a bitch is fed up with your nonsense
Thought we made a pact, so why you fuckin' with your promise?
If I walk away from you then. boy, you better be cautious

Christiana felt annoyed knowing another plot twist was happening in her life, how could Cyn fake her death? That was sick

"Cyn, yo, is that you?!" Dave yelled out to the woman, who looked at him in confusion as he touched her arm.

"Baby, I don't know who Cyn is, but I know which Sin I'm willing to commit for your fine ass." His face fell while Christiana's smile formed realizing it wasn't Cyn, she did look remotely close from the back and definitely from afar.

"Girl I thought you were tryna slide your way into our life again" Christiana mumbled to herself looking up at the sky, without coming to the realization Cyn never came into Christi's life, it was the other way around.

Dave walked over to the table his face undefeated. It's been years, move the hell on.

"If that was her, were you going to leave us again?" She couldn't not ask that question. His answer would help her move forward with him or not.

"No. I wouldn't have, I would have hugged her got a little excited because her death does still hurt but my home is with you and Kam now." He smiled, causing Christiana's face to mirror his. she was a sucker for his words.

"Look at you changing, I was going to walk my happy ass right on out this mall and into an uber." She spoke matter of factly, her words were laced with truth.

This was her last time trying with David, and if it didn't work Kam would have to deal with not having her parents together. She wouldn't be alone, Co-parenting was normal these days and times.

She was all about action now. That little girl was gone, and she was a grown-ass woman who was going to be doing grown woman things.

"Alright, Kam Kam we ready to spend all daddy's money?" Christiana got up from her seat, holding onto Kam's hand.

"Where to first?"

"Uhh... Zara?" She scanned the mall looking for stores she could drag Dave and Kam into. "Yeah, yeah let's start there" she smiled knowing that she would pass Chanel and Louis Vuitton before reaching Zara.

"You smiling too hard, you on bad timing I feel it. I'm not spending my whole day in no fucking mall" Dave side eyed her

"Yeah Daddy, tell her" Kam defended him.

"It really be the child you carried in your stomach for nine months and went through hours of labor for. You shady and Ion like that" Christiana playfully waved her off, Kam shrugged her mom off, not knowing what it meant to be in labor or to be shady.

"Aht aht, dont talk to my child like that" grabbing ahold of Kam's hand, Christiana pulled both of them into the Chanel store.

"Can I get the biggest Chanel bag in the store if I want it?" She smiled at Dave

"The other C in Chanel stands for Coochie and you ain't giving that up. Ask them for a Shopping bag and gift box. Make it look like you got it"

"Boy, fuck you." She was just going to use the card she and Xavier shared if he didn't buy it for her. She could use her own money, but, he gave her the card for a reason.

"Nah, I'm playing baby mama. You can get whatever you like" he licked his lips like T.I. Making a smile stretch on her face.

"Light skin niggas. Every day I think all these fine ass chocolate men and I gravitate to the damn light skins. Imma have to come up with some new prayers at night."

Grabbing the candy colored Chanel bag off the display "this the one Nicki goooott." The purse had gone outta stock twice before she could catch it. Looking at the price tag she pulled the tag further away squinting her eyes as if it would change the price.

"Well I'll be damned. This price ain't for us regulars. I'll just go find it on pitkin Avenue" she joked, knowing both of them could afford the bag.

"Just get the bag Christi. Anything else?" he raised a brow

"Well since you offered. I like this one too." Grabbing the bag, she handed it to Dave. " make sure— you could be my personal shopper," she stuck her tongue out. "Aight big daddy, I'm ready"

After checking out at Chanel they spent a couple hours shopping. Their trunk was full and the girls were happy.

"So... are we back? Are you going to let me start right as your boyfriend? Imma do better baby, I promise."

"No, cause you'll never get the chance to treat me like I'm a piece of shit, again. Don't call my mother fucking house, ever again. Do you hear me?" Busting out into a fit of laughter, Dave looked at her confused not understanding her tik tok reference. He only knew that Kamryn loved the app and cried when her mother deleted it off her iPad because the owners were racist.

"Shut ya dumb ass up" he kept his eyes on the road not pressed by what Christi had said to him. He knew it was a joke and he wouldn't get mad for something he couldn't control.

"I'm still trying to grasp everything going on and I won't jump into a relationship with you without explaining to Xavier what's going on. He hasn't done me wrong. So, I can't do it to him." Slipping down in the seat she put her feet on the dashboard wiggling her pink toes.

In reality, every man showed their red flags as well as Xavier but Christiana had painted an idea of the man and she viewed him that way. It was something we did as women which normally led to us being hurt in the end.

"So... I'll break up with him soon. I'll do it the right way... just have to find out what's the right way."

Dave reached over grabbing ahold of Christiana's hand as he pulled up to a red light. Rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb he stared, she knew he was about to say something sweet and was preparing herself for the butterflies "Put it on a billboard."

Her mouth dropped letting out a ugly laugh, she punched him in the arm "you're such an asshole." Shaking her head she turned around to see Kamryn sleeping.

"We did good, didn't we?" Dave smirked confidently looking at Kam through the mirror for a split second.

"She aight" Christi joked, knowing her daughter was gorgeous. The ringing of Daves phone replaced Kiana Ledé singing, catching both of their attention.

"Dave, get here now. Someone shot up the store. Three people were killed and one was injured." Kaiyah screamed and both of their hearts dropped. Deep down they knew who it was. Neither of them had beef with anyone. Dave had willingly left Ice behind but now it was time for war and he wasn't showing any mercy.

He wanted blood of anyone that was associated with that murderer. That included Xavier and he was going to die first.

——-
70+ votes for the next chapter.