Dis/Improve Relations

Royal Academy of Cascadia
Afternoon, 2 days earlier

Her steps became deafened by the bell, and so were the faint voices of instructors and professors within their halls. From a lull beyond its final toll, a throng of voices rumbled across the concourse one after the other, and then the educators retired from their lectures. The students emerged, emancipated from the attitudes beholden within their red uniforms.

"Good day, Miss Annalise."

"How do you do?"

Indeed, they took their fresh breath of freedom and straightened themselves the most gentlemanly and ladylike, cleared their throats as the most poetic, and offered a slight but solemn bow of the most loyal. They have come to this world innocent, taught and separated, and through their younger years, return divided and congregated.

"Following the revelations of the Parliamentary fact-finding commission's analysis, the Lower House will be convening an emergency session and officially announce a popular package slated for implementation before the end of the quarter."

"And which statutes have fallen prey to these regulations, bills, and amendments, Liaison Officer Dreck? And should the developments concern our noble friend, Treasurer Tassol, and his responsibilities?"

"Chiefly stricter budgetary allocations and limitations, the creation of a permanent Oversight Committee to investigate and supervise the trend and frequency of extracurricular activities held by the Student High Societies and other after-school programs."

"Has the House provided the Board and Upper House copies?" Student Chairman Buredesy cycled through his catalog.

"No, sir. They have invoked the Confidentiality Clause of the Particulars of Legislation Act on the grounds of potential voter manipulation and intimidation."

"I'll expect reproductions on my desk for tomorrow's session on the grounds of the range these bold accusations cover. Lord Speaker Numen, After-School Program. This Incident Report regarding their Forum."

"The Budget Execution White Paper, Mister Chairman. I have noted emergent symptoms of belligerency among other associations and clubs."

"The diagnosis being?"

"Peers-Commons relations; Reactionary sentiment and Common grievances crossing swords over the matter of wasteful and unnecessary expenditure, holding their leaders and associates in contempt, threatening disorderly conduct charges for Provocative Speech."

"Preventive or reactive?"

"Preventive, sir. The rest can be found in my report. I still have to meet with the School Ombudsman to submit their Motion of No Confidence against me."

Everyone around the meeting table but Annalise and the Chairman roused. Let alone challenging the Headmaster's Honorable Appointed, challenging a Ducal House was nothing but suicide.

"The petitioners?"

"Our passionate friends from both benches," passionate in their capacity as obstructionists and victims. "With my tenure as Lord Speaker under scrutiny aggravating the Board's many commitments, I would like to posit a vote for my suspension and allow me, in my right as an Honorable Appointed, to handle the formalities."

"Very well. Given the reasons stated, all in favor of suspending Lord Speaker Annalise Numen?"

All members of the Board raised their hands.

"Following a unanimous decision, Miss Annalise Numen, you are hereby suspended from your seat following the onset of the motion. All in favor of endorsing Lord Speaker Annalise Numen against the Motion of No Confidence?"