Winter (Connor x Reader)

There was no weather in the world that could get you more excited than snowy weather. The warm winter fashion, where you could wrap up in jackets and hoodies and not worry about how you looked so long as you were warm. Hot drinks, chocolate or coffee and the weird new flavours and types that cafes came up with to try and outdo their opposition and draw in more customers by the year. There was the snowmen too, built hastily and fleetingly, half melted on the streets with sad stone eyes and askew orange noses.

And there was also, of course, your personal favourite winter pastime. Snowball fights. What better way to show you affection towards someone than to fling freezing cold, dripping wet snow into your friends’ faces and clothes? Snowball fights were the best part of snowy weather to you, so when your friend and longtime crush, Connor took you out to the park to enjoy the previous night’s heavy snowfall, what would happen was inevitable.

Detroit was lucky to have such weather. Sure, you could be thinking about the global warming and rapidly changing weather, but for now, you just wanted to enjoy this wonderland, as the weeks edged you closer and closer to Christmas.

Connor’s first, you note. Since his deviancy, you note his interest in this season, and it’s traditions. With all your willingness to educate these strange human quirks and interests, you weren’t surprised when he suggested a walk outside, even if it left Hank complaining about being alone for the lunch break.

He’d been talking about a case as you wandered through the more wooded section of the park. Distant sounds of cars had all but vanished, and apart from the odd runner dressed in dubiously appropriate clothes, you and Connor had mostly been alone.

Keeping close as you fiddled with numb fingers, you let your eyes wander up to his beanie. Black and plain, covering that gorgeous head of hair you just ached to run your fingers through. The thought of it draws a blush to your cheeks as you look away, just as he begins to bring up some job of Hanks gone wrong.
Your eyes, in their desperate want for a new subject, fixed on a particularly good patch of snow. Untouched by mud or animals. Not too wet, not too hard and enough to compact into one perfect ball. An idea popped into your head.

“Hey, Connor?” You ask, eyes still lingering on the snow. You hear him pause mid-sentence before speaking.

“Yes?” He asks as you turn your head to look at his quirked brow, giving him a small smile. Something about his face made your insides twist in the loveliest way.

“Have you ever been in a snowball fight?” The question takes him off guard, and you watch as the circle on his head cycles through an array of dim and brightness, before settling again. His lips quirk up.

“I cannot say that I have.” He says, before looking back at the path ahead, where there was an upcoming bridge and creek. He starts walking again, and you feel temptation tugging at your insides. Your eyes trail over to the mound. If he was moving away…

As silent as you can muster you tiptoe over to the snow, gathering as much as you can into your hands as Connor began to cross over one of the bridges. You stand up, beginning to compact your projectile when he turned around to see if you’re following. His smile is wiped off his face.

“Y/N.” He warns, putting his hands out in front of him, as you stand a mere 10 meters away, a roughly round snowball in your gloved hand. You took a step forward, and he, a step back.

“Detective Y/L/N… I’m an android built to fight.” He begins with a good point, not taking his eyes off of the snowball. But you’ve done this before, and he hasn’t. This is a risk you’re willing to take. You pull your arm back as if you were about to throw a baseball. Connor tenses like he’s about to be shot.