chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.
( LOVE & FRIENDS.. )

     The next day came far too quick far too quick for Ella and she ended up waking up later than she usually did. A soft groan escaping her lips as she rolled over the bed. Someone nudging her bed, shaking the whole frame in an attempt to wake her up. Then Layla shouted her name causing Ella to groan before she pushed her to sit up.

     "What?" Ella muttered as she blinked a few times. Trying to rub sleep from her eyes with the heel of her hands. The sun was already leaking through the windows and as Ella's vision came back. She saw that Layla was holding James' glasses. A questioning look on her face. Ella sighed and then got out of bed, snatching them back.

     "Why did you have them?" Layla asked as Ella placed them back on her head. Walking past Layla to go to the bathroom. Layla was going to be unrelenting it seemed and followed right after the brunette. Her face twisted in confusion and annoyance.

     "I spoke to James last night. It was an accident," Ella said as she walked to the mirror. Pushing the hair from her neck to see that James' marks had turned into small dark bruises. A soft sigh escaping her lips as she rested against the sink, blinking a few more times. Layla letting out a sigh as she noticed the marks. Her back leaning against the wall as she watched Ella.

     "You did a lot more than speak to him clearly," Layla said. Her tone harsh as she glared at her friend. Ella sighed and rearranged her hair before grabbing her toothbrush. Squirting toothpaste into it as she took a deep breath. If the sun was up, that meant she didn't have as long as she usually did to get ready for school.

     "We just spoke. I told 'im no. Remus was comin' back from duty and I didn't want 'im to see. So I said no," Ella said as she began to brush her teeth. Being more vigorous than she usually was. Layla sighing and shaking her head. She hated how Ella was acting. It was different. Not massively but still different to what Layla was used to.

     "But you're still going to do it and why d'you even have his glasses?" Layla asked gesturing to the glasses on top of her head. Ella shrugged and continued to brush her teeth. She didn't have the energy to explain it. She was already tired enough as it was and she just needed to get ready and go downstairs. The grilling was not something she needed. Ella brushed her teeth quickly and looked to Layla who was still expecting an answers.

     "When we kiss and make out. I take them from 'im and put them in my hair. He says it looks cute and it exposes my neck more. That's it. It's also in a place that means we can get them if someone walks in. It helps us look less suspicious. Are you happy?" Ella said quickly as she watched her friend. Brushing past her to go and get her school uniform ready. She hated having to rush in the morning and she had still yet to wake up properly.

     Layla just watched her, shaking her head. Ella not caring anymore as she pulled her skirt and button up shirt on. She then grabbed her jumper and pulled it over her head. Getting the robes last before putting her shoes and socks on. She needed to get to breakfast and then class. Hopefully she could pass the glasses back to him at some point at breakfast otherwise he'd have trouble in class. If the worst came to worse, she could give them to him when they meet later.