37. Blast from past - II

Kriti's pov

(Kriti=  Dhriti's friend, in case you forgot her)

The moment we got Atharva jiju's call me and Dhiraj rushed towards the location sent by him.

We were still on the way when my eyes got blurred with tears. Dhiraj placed his one hand on my shoulder while focusing on the road.

"Don't worry.. She will be fine." He was controlling his emotions.

My mind went back to the first time we met.  I still remember it was our first day of internship.
.
.
.

_____________________

(#flashback begins..#)

I and Dhiraj were childhood besties... We went to school, college together and now we got selected in the same firm for the internship.

"First day of internship... " I exclaimed with excitement.

"Why are you getting soo much excited... We have to work under someone.. it's boring" Dhiraj said spoiling my mood.

"Come on yaar.. don't be a spoilsport... It's just for a year.
Then we can do anything of our own.." I said.

We saw a girl sitting away from other interns. We approached her but she didn't reply anything and moved away.....

I tried again and again but she never responded to anything except it is related to work.

Dhiraj made me stop trying telling that she is not willing to talk......
.
.
.

After a month  it was time for the submission of our first project when someone intentionally spoiled it.... Our hard work was wasted...

We were ready for scoldings when we saw a new report kept on my table. I opened it and I knew after watching it that who was the one who created it

From that that we again started approaching her... First she was hell adamant and not allowed us to enter her shell....
.
.

But after some time passed she started opening up a little and with some more effort,s we were able to see the real her....
.
.
.

(#flashback ends#)

____________________________

I came out of the memories when Dhiraj shook me. We came out of the car and started finding Dhriti. After walking for half a kilometres we saw a figure lying in the bushes at the side of the road.

We looked at each other and rushed towards it... I turned her face and saw that she was none other than DHRITI...

The tears which I was holding for the last one hour came out of my eyes..

"DHRITI... Dhriti wake up..." I patted her cheeks.

"Dhriti... Uth na yaar.. ye mazaak ka time nhi hai" Dhiraj said rubbing her hands.

"Dhriti... Look we are here..Nothing will happen to you" I said.

"You stay here with her... I will bring the car.." Dhiraj said and ran towards his car.

"Dhriti uth na yaar... Please" I kept patting her cheeks.

"Dhriti....DHRITI" I rubbed her hands again but she was not responding.