let the game begin

I looked behind , a handsome chiselled face yet as hard as stone , his brown eyes were often red underneath whether from the countless sleepless nights he spent at the bar or the countless sleepless nights he spent killing others . from his appearance , his strong body and harsh voice , I could tell that he's as soulless as his eyes , how come these two are married ? Literally, devil married to angel.

" Good evening sir , let me introduce myself , I'm Alfred Winston , I'm here for..."

Mrs Aurora interrupting me

" He's a detective , he want to have a little talk with you about that terrible night when...Mr Bernard was.. murdered "

" mmm...I see, I've explained before what happened to the officers" he said with his toneless voice ,no expressions on his face.

whether I'm too tired to figure out what was he feeling , or he's an excellent pretender

"yes , I know that , but I'm not an officer sir , they question you to get an answer regardless it's a yes or no or non of them , but me... I'm not here to add another useless story to my investigations , I'm here to stop these crimes, to know the answers " I said confidently

" then I shall tell you... again...what happened " he said , and finally I succeeded in making him exposing what he really felt , anxiety.

" Mr. Bernard was a beloved neighbour we used to work together in the bank, I didn't know much about him but I do know that he had a happy little family and..."

" can you skip the intro , I'm too young to waste my lifetime listening to this boring story " Joseph said , i would've punched him then if he hadn't said that actually.

Mr. Noah looked at him impatiently , continued saying

" I usually get home late , as I spend the night at the bar after a long day at work "

NAILED IT!

" I was drunk, but i was conscious enough to realise that body on the ground , slaughtered , blood rushing out from it's neck " he said, wobbly

I bet the image of this corpse was literally Infront of him then , he started sweating , trying to insert all the oxygen in the air to his poor lungs , turned out that even the harshest people in the world have feelings hidden behind their cold faces.

" Honey , don't push yourself , it's okay" Mrs Aurora said softly holding his hands

at this moment i tried to look anywhere but never at her hands holding his , who gave my heart the right to feel this...this , jealousy I guess?

" what else do you remember?" i said neglecting his difficulty in breathing

" I'm...not sure..sir , my memory is a bit blurry....oh yeah..yeah i do remember something , his tongue...."

" what about his tongue?"

He swallowed before saying

" Was cut "

I looked at Joseph who looked at me in advance he knew exactly what I was thinking and he knew specifically what I was about to say.

I looked down to the floor smiling then to Noah's eyes again, keeping my smile and said

" Huh.. weird , because we never said anything to anyone about his ripped out tongue "

___________________________________________

I'm finally back again !!☺️❤️

So what do you think of this chapter ?
Share your thoughts with me in the comments🙆🏻‍♀️💘

Vote if you're excited for the next one !❤️