CHAPTER 02

LESHYA'S POV
_______________________________

We were sitting in the cafeteria. My friends and I.
They all were telling stories.
And also discussing what we'll do after College, work in which companies and stuff like that.

But my mind wasn't on it.
It was on the words I heard my mother speaking to my dad today morning.
Of course, I wasn't there in the room. I just heard them while crossing their room.

I was actually going to tell my mom of this internship I got in this Rathore Incorporations.
But then I heard her,

"It's better to get her married. She's already twenty now. You should say yes to that proposal."

But as usual, my dad supported me.
He denied mom and told her not to talk about this again.

I was happy but then I heard mom's next words,

"Obviously you only care about her. You never care about us, she's an adult. She should sacrifice for her family. For how long are we going to feed her? We can't do that anymore."

I couldn't hear anymore so I went back to my room and cried to myself.
I can't believe she thinks like this about me. I don't know why she hates me so much.

But one thing still stuck with me, what sacrifice were they talking about?

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear Reyansh calling me. It was only when I felt him snaking his arm around me that I got out of my thoughts.

I heard him asking,
"Beautiful, where are you lost?"

I just shook my head at him.
I looked up and the first thing I saw were those deep eyes which I have gotten used to since college started looking at me with sadness in them.

My eyes met with Kabir's. He was looking at me. Then his gaze travelled to the hand on my waist. He was sitting on the table opposite to us with his friends, two girls and a guy.

His gaze was still fixed on me. I tried to squirm out of Reyansh's grip but failed.

I could see the hurt in Kabir's eyes with sadness. But why? Why would he be hurt?

As usual, he must be having some kind of stupid crush on me.
I scoffed mentally.

He suddenly stood up and walked out.

My eyes followed him till he disappeared from the door of the cafeteria.

Bhavya's voice brought me back to their conversation.
"Lesh, are you worried about that test's results? Don't worry, you'll do fine."

I nodded my head at her.

.
.
.

❣︎❤︎︎❣︎

.
.
.

THIRD PERSON'S POV
_______________________________

Kabir couldn't see the girl he loves with another guy.
He can't pretend it doesn't hurt him because it does.

Thus hurt and pain, he was bound to experience them.
He chuckled sadly.
Afterall he fell in love with a heartbreaker.

He washed his face and then went out if the washroom.
His friend, Kirti was out there waiting for him.

"What happened? Why did you suddenly went away? You looked really angry, what happened?" She shoot her questions at him.

But he was in no mood to answer.
"It's nothing, Kirti."