𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

❝ 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘... 𓏴 ♢

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 those who fall for you ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

⌗ ; 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ▬ ★ ??

THERE WAS A CERTAIN STILLNESS AND SIMPLICITY IN THE VIVID SKY

THERE WAS A CERTAIN STILLNESS AND SIMPLICITY IN THE VIVID SKY. Midori found herself enjoying such simple yet complex things. The blanket of stars stretched across infinity. Familiar celestials, each and every single one telling stories of the early universe. A time before entropy and order. 

Light from the sun had long vanished, only the tarnished image of the crescent moon hung on the wall of sky, resembling a claw in the far-away emptiness. 

      'I'll admit it feels odd to not be spending the night at my dormitory,' she said, sitting down on the porch, having heard Hyunjin's footsteps behind her. 

He let out a small sigh behind her. 'You're not uncomfortable about staying with me, right? If you are, I can get Chan-hyung to drive you home―'

      'It's fine, Hyunjin,' Midori told him, a light smile spreading on her lips. 

Granted, Midori was beyond nervous about spending the night at Hyunjin's house but she knew that nothing more than a few harmless kisses would happen. She trusted him enough not to do anything beyond her comfort, and so far, he hadn't done anything to break that trust. 

After telling her group about her and Hyunjin, Midori knew she wasn't wanted there. At least not by Ni-ki. Not by those snarky and snide comments, he directed at her. He was jealous, and he was a child, as much as it hurt, Midori let it pass. 

She was well aware that Naito was going to scold him for acting that way. While she wished to be there to do it herself, she knew it would be better if Naito talked to him. 

      'Aren't you cold?'

Hyunjin sat down beside her, a small smile on his lips as he turned his head to look at Midori. 

Midori chuckled. 'Not really.'

      'It's late, you should sleep,' he said, eyes following hers to the cosmos.

      'As should you,' she replied. The soft feeling of a blanket and his arms being wrapped around her shoulders caused another chuckle to leave her lips. 'But since you brought a blanket, I assume you didn't come here to tell me to go to sleep.'

Smiling to himself, Hyunjin gently tilted her head so she was resting it on his shoulder. 

      'Clever girl,' he mumbled to himself, not noticing the way Midori's cheeks flared up. 

      'So clever,' Midori replied. 

A toothy grin spread across Hyunjin's lips while he squeezed her shoulders, giving her a tight hug. 'I really like you, you know that right?'

      'Can you make it more obvious?' Midori joked, a heartwarming laugh bubbling against her lips. 

      'If that's what you wish.'

      'I like you too,' Midori replied before snuggling closer to him. 

      'It's beautiful,' Hyunjin commented, his eyes trained on the sky above them.

Woven colours and hues, strings of stars pulling the blanket of the deep heavens together.

A small smile spread on Midori's lips, eyes finding comfort in the familiar celestials. 

      'It really is,' she said. 

      'You're more beautiful,' Hyunjin said, glancing at her.

Midori almost wheezed. 

      'You ruined the moment,' she joked.

Chuckling, Hyunjin's eyes trailed down to her lips, a knowing look dancing behind his eyes. Hand finding her cheek, slowly ― painfully slow ― the pad of his thumb moved past her lower lip to her chin, gently tugging her head down until her eyes met his. 

Locked in a trance, Midori could feel the excitement enter her stomach.

      'Then let me make it up to you.'