i. Cinderella Moment.

001

001. CINDERELLA MOMENT.

 AMID the wintry, cool air, beneath the honourable, infinite patterns that pass through the inky canvas, sits a young girl. Her hair, neatly pinned and twisted in a beautiful braid, falls against her shoulder, unintentionally bringing attention to the limited amount of ivory skin that peeks from her attire. Shades of burnt, orange sunsets runs through her hair, prominent, even in the serenade of the black. Her fingers lightly dance across each other, as they laid, flat against her lap. Never did her eyes leave the chattering gentleman across from her. A gentle shade of newly blossomed bluebells, they were ─ delicate, alluring. They resembled the tone of the silk dress slipped onto her shoulders, tightly embracing her thin body with warm kisses and cherishes, leaving her over the moon at how beautiful she truly felt that particular day.

Flora Becker was her name. A girl of grace and beauty ─ a girl who didn't possess much, but never once complained (aloud) nor wished for a life much more simpler.

That night, the young lady, had her first Cinderella moment. The moment she stepped through the enchanting threshold of the ballroom, (hosted for New Years) she didn't feel like the timid, soft fourteen year old ─ instead, she felt the enchanting room call her, embracing her in a sea of elegance and maturity.

Yet, there comes a time when the hand strikes 12, leaving the redhead to come to the realisation that she must return to the real world. Except, unlike Cinderella, Flora had gotten to leave with her prince charming ─ or possibly a gentleman, close to prince charming.

         "So, this is where we part?" He queries, the carriage that carried the young girl and boy coming to a gradual stop.

Gazing out the window, she takes notice of her one story home, adorned by a garden of enchanting flowers that sway in the bitter air, and warm lights emitting from the window, telling her of her father's presence. 

        "Yes." She finally says, averting her gaze to land on the brunette boy. "Thank you for this lovely evening, Julius." She smiles, noticing how the said boy looked as if he wanted to say more but opted with the words,

       "It was my pleasure, Flora." He brings the back of her hand towards his rosy lips, lightly pressing the glove that encloses it against his mouth. "Have a nice evening."

After wishing him the same, Flora slowly descends from the carriage ─ her actions a little slower than usual out of the possible chance of embarrassing herself and ruining what had been a splendid night playing an elegant, beautiful lady. With her back facing the adolescent boy, Flora finds her teeth skimming over her bottom lip before lightly biting down, simply fighting the urge to fly her arms about in glee and excitement as the events of the night flicker through her mind. Eventually the sounds of a carriage being whisked away into the night meets her ears, causing her to release a shaky breath of which she didn't realise she was holding.