vii

Armin's POV

I opened my eyes as Eren woke me up. It was early. Barely any light peeking through his curtains, signally that is was very early morning.

"You should probably get home so you can get everything you need for school."

I nodded, rubbing my eyes and stretching.

I slowly got up still in the comfort of Eren's sweatshirt.

My grandpa was probably up by now considering it was nearly 6:00am. He was an earlier riser and I never understood it. I hate mornings and waking up anytime before 9:00am.

—-

Eren and I walked through the foggy neighborhood. Making my way to my place. When we arrived I thanked Eren and took off his sweatshirt to give it back.

"Keep it for now. I don't mind," Eren urged.

I agreed. His scent brought me comfort and the sweatshirt was very cozy. I got ready for the rest of my day and headed off to the hellish prison which was high school.

—-

I meekly headed down the hallway afraid of what was to come. I noticed Jean walking down the hall with his other shitty friends. I clutched my books to my chest and quickly headed in the other direction. Just a moment later a hand clung to the hood of my hoodie.

My hoodie? No this was... this was Eren's! I forgot to take it off before school started. If Jean sees he'll give us a hard time. Eren might even be mad at me.

"Hey are you even listening to me, short stack?" Jean snapped a finger in my face.

"No way!" He chuckled, "Is this Yeager's sweatshirt!" He tugged at one of the strings that fell over top of the thick hoodie.

Being the excellent liar I was decided to just make up some random shit, "Oh does Eren have the same one? My grandfather bought it for me over the weekend," I stuttered a bit, but for the most part I tried to keep myself calm and collected.

Jean cocked an eyebrow as he looked me up and down. I trembled at his icy cold glare.

A moment later a hand grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"I need to borrow Armin."

"M-mikasa?" Jean stuttered and began to get flustered from her presence.

"You're looking very pretty today," his cheeks were now glowing pink.

Mikasa didn't even turn around to acknowledge him, she just dragged me down the hallway behind her.

"Are you alright? I can't believe those assholes," She spit out in an pessimistic tone.

I nodded, "Thanks for helping me."

"Of course. I don't like seeing innocent people get hurt. Especially my friends," She explained. A faint smile grew on her face, "Anyway I have study hall next, see you around."

I gave her a friendly wave goodbye and headed off to class.

Eren's POV