Chapter 23 - Cabernet Franc

"White day?" Hitsuki raises a brow. "What about it?"

"You don't celebrate White Day?" Limoncello raises a brow.

"No Limon-chan, sorry." Hitsuki chuckles. "Though I do cook us dinner and bake something on white day, I don't do much usually."

"Ah," Limoncello mumbles. "Well do you have any thoughts on how to return the feelings?"

"Hm. Hard candies? I think those mean I like you," Hitsuki laughs. "Or you could make hard candy yourself?"

"W-would you teach me?" Limoncello asks.

"Huh? Sure! The fourteenth is in three days right?"

"Yeah..."

"Tomorrow? I'll get someone to let Champagne know that you're getting a day off."

"Thank you!" Limoncello smiles.

-⧖-

Ding Dong

"Is someone coming over today?" Hiro puts his contacts on and Hitsuki nods.

"Limoncello. You're free to roam since she knows you're alive," Hitsuki opens the front door.

"Hitsuki-san!"

"Limon-chan!" Hitsuki grins. "Come in! I have the items for hard candy ready in the kitchen."

"Thank you Hitsuki-san,"

"chan is just fine Limon-chan," Hitsuki smiles. "I would have to call you san if we were using honorifics,"

"A-ah alright," Limoncello smiles.

"Let's get started," Hitsuki smiles. The two get started and Hiro comes in for a taste.

"Can I have one?" He reaches for one before Hitsuki hisses.

"It's hot, I'll hand you one when we finish," Hitsuki puts his hand back and Limoncello stares in awe. Hiro sighs in defeat before walking out.

"You two... are really sweet," Limoncello smiles. "I kinda wish I could do that,"

"What's stopping you?" Hitsuki raises a brow.

"Huh?"

"The organization is relatively lenient on relationships. What's stopping you from dedication?" Hitsuki hums.

"I don't want to drag him into this mess," Limoncello sighs.

"Careful not to burn the sugar," Hitsuki saves the caramel and hums. "Well, you can never be too sure. I did a background check on your boyfriend. Seems like he's affiliated with the law. Be careful to not get tricked alright?"

"Mm," Limoncello folds the caramel and huffs. "If he is then I'll just have to seduce him into falling for me,"

Hitsuki laughs and smiles. "Yes, Limon-chan. But be sure that he isn't going to pull a fast one on you either. His name was Matsuda right?"

"Mhm," Limoncello smiles. "I heard there used to be a cop with that name,"

"The one that knew my husband." Hitsuki pulls the candy out and grabs the cutter. "I've met him before, he's a good guy."

"Ah?"

"Regardless. Isn't the male supposed to give the female sweets on valentines?" Hitsuki raises a brow. "Why are you so insistent on making candy for him?"

"Ah, he asked me out on Valentine's. We made a promise to stay together," Limoncello smiles awkwardly.

"Ah," Hitsuki chops up the candy, and Limoncello follows. Soon enough, the candy is wrapped and the two girls sigh in relief.