iv. Battle Of The Bands.

Vol I,         Chapter IV

LIGHT floods and illuminates the brown staircase from the door that Richie Forman enters

LIGHT floods and illuminates the brown staircase from the door that Richie Forman enters. There's a light skip in his steps as he descends down into the solid, cosy basement his brother and his friends practically resided in. Though, unlike the many times he'd ran into the older group, he's met with a peculiar and strange silence. Coming to a gradual pause by the bottom of the staircase, Richie studies the group of soundless teenagers each basking in the heaving, awkward silence. Unsettled eyes glance painfully around the garnished room, trying to avoid the birthday boy's gaze, in hopes that it would lessen their suspicious stance. Richie fixates his gaze on his older brother, snorting lightly at the blondish boy's pursed lips and weary expression. 

         "Don't you all look snazzy," Richie pipes, making his presence known to the well-dressed group of teens. "Not for a party... of course." He's quick to add. Just from side-glancing Eric, he could tell the boy wasn't fooled. 

        Donna turns to face Richie, resting her arm against the back of the tinted couch. "Now, what are you wearing?" Her tone is laced with such amusement, it makes the younger boy slightly pout as he gazes down at his outfit.

       "Yeah, man." Hyde chimes. He too leans back, disapprovedly scrutinising his friend's outfit. "You look like some rich kid." 

       "Oh, and what about you, button up." Richie reaches forward to tug at the formal, dark shirt. A frowning Hyde swiftly whacks the loose tug on his shirt, before pridefully fixing it, ensuring to keep the top button open.  

Jackie inaudibly watches as Richie moves to stand beside her still figure, perched on the very edge of the couch. Her breathing becomes softer, as she finds herself admiring his charming appearance. There was a softness to his demeanour, a sort of warmth that embraces the left side of her body, the side closest to him. In an instant, his nonchalant gaze around the room shifts to catch the eye of the brunette ─ yet before she gains the chance to divert her gaze, a weak smile captures her attention and before she knows it she's reciprocating the gesture. If it wasn't for Eric's voice ringing throughout the room, Jackie's almost sure their own voices would've simultaneously clashed, with words shyly complimenting the other.