8 | Paint Me Like One Of Your Stick Figures

[y/n]

_

HE'S PERFECTLY IMPERFECT.

Even though it's only been a day in this reality, those are the words that describe my entire being—and most importantly—this situation. The shift. The friendship I've apparently stumbled into with Louis. Everything.

Here's why: It's perfect, because I have him. He doesn't hate me, and he even gave me his number to continue talking to him after the day had passed over. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

And it's also imperfect, because I can't help but feel something's wrong.

See what I mean? He has a girlfriend (who, as the world would have it, is not me), but that's not something I can control. It's wrong because I feel like I'm intruding on something I shouldn't be intruding on—maybe his relationship, to be specific,but that doesn't explain the rest either. The two things I can't explain.

THE BLINK.

Horrible timing, really. I'm calling it the blink, because it's a blank portion of time that I can't cover. I went downstairs to make tea, but I missed the part where Louis must have seen something to make the situation awkward. I know when something is off, thanks to my overthinking mind, and this was off.

Extremely off. So, what did he see?

No, even worse—what does he know?

Onto the next question we go:

THE MESSAGE.

Even all three previous shifts wouldn't have prepared me for this one.

Boogawooga. Anyways, what are your thoughts on Romeo and Juliet?

Oh, he wants to know my thoughts?

ON ROMEO AND JULIET?

Kill me now, honestly, because what the actual hell? He sent me that text out of the blue, and I nearly had a heart attack. That was the play I put on in my first shift, where I was a stage-manager, and Louis was Romeo. Maybe it was a coincidence, or maybe my mind is messing with my shift.

Oh no, wait.

Now that thought is stuck in my head. What if something is happening back in my reality, and all these tidbits of information are seeping into my dreams and polluting it with all my previous memories? It seems impossible, but it's the only explanation for the message.

Still, it doesn't explain what he saw in 'the blink'.

Hm.

Interesting.

Figuring this out is going to take a lot of effort and a lot of time, and I don't know if there is something to figure out in the first place.

This is all too confusing.

Seriously.

─ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─

Since you all wanted to play detectives...did you catch the clue?

Don't worry if you didn't, I made this one pretty hard.