Classic

(y/n)'s pov

Me and (f/n) were getting ready to walk home from school when I heard Emma run toward us in the halls. She probably would have knocked us over if we haven't moved to the left just in time.

"Guys!" she exclaimed catching her breath. Norman and Ray quickly followed her. I noticed Ray smiling at me and he waved at us I felt (f/n) nudge my elbow and I discreetly kicked her in the shin.

"The new karaoke place just opened today! Wanna join us?" she said. I was about to refuse because I wanted to avoid Ray at all costs because of the incident at my sister's birthday party, but I felt (f/n) grab my forearm excitedly.

"We'd love to!" she said. She better not be scheming something again like last time.

"Perfect! I already reserved a room so we don't have to wait!" Emma replied.

We all started walking to the mall and (f/n) stood between me and Ray behind Emma and Norman. It was pretty quiet, to say the least. Well minus the two lovebirds in front of us.

"So guys, how you been?" (f/n) said, trying to break the silence. I resisted face-palming my forehead.

"I'm fine, (f/n), in fact, you should know that because you literally live two houses away from me," I said sharply. I questioned what she was doing with my actions, but her eyes just said, "What?! I was just breaking the silence!"

"Alright. Ray, whatcha been up to recently?" she said.

"Uh, nothing much. Oh, actually, one of my classmates asked me to tutor her in math, so I've been going to the library often," he explained matter-of-factly. He put his hand on his neck as I saw (f/)'s expression change into a thoughtful one.

" I see. So what do you teach Ray?" she asked. I secretly hit her shoulder to get her to shut up, but she just shrugged it off.

"Uh math?" he said. I immediately looked at (f/n). Besides sunshine and rainbows, (f/n)'s mind is also lowkey confusing. Like, where is she going with this?

"Well, guys moving on," I said, changing the topic. "So (f/n), how's your life going?" I asked her.

She went back to smiling again. Well, something's about to happen. "I'm doing just fine."

"Oh look, guys, we're here!" Emma said cheerfully. We all looked at the sign. It read "24 Hour Karaoke Club" in neon purple lights.

We walked inside and it smelled delicious. My mouth watered at the scent of my favorite food, (f/f). Emma walked up to the front desk while Norman took a laminated menu from one of the stands.

"So you can do solo songs and duets," he stated thoughtfully. I bet he was thinking of asking Emma to sing with him.

Emma then came back and we followed her to one of the private karaoke rooms upstairs. We all marveled at the technology surrounding us.

It was purple and had a table with a couch, me between (f/n) and Ray. Two microphones were connected to a TV, while speakers were found everywhere. We all took a spot on the couches. Norman ordered some calamari for all of us, and we started talking about all sorts of things. He then stood up to hook up the microphones to the setup.

"Oh (y/n), I forgot, It was your sister's birthday a week ago right?" Emma asked, looking at me. I kind of choked on my iced tea but swallowed quickly.

"Yeah, it was," I answered. Out of all the places I had to talk about that, why did it have to be here?

"(f/n) told me you had a lot of fun! How was it?" she asked. I instantly looked at her and she started reading aloud the nutrition facts.

"Wow 198 milligrams of cholesterol, 13.2 grams of protein, and 0.3 grams of saturated fat for calamri?" I heard her murmur, hiding behind a menu.