a sunday kind of love

song: a sunday kind of love, Etta James

warning: soft theo :))

The first rays of sun graced the room, warm light casting delicate shadows onto the sun bleached couple as it danced its way through the slightly parted curtains. It was a picture of pure tranquility, the entwined couple sleeping soundly. Accompanied only by the faint humming of morning birds and the soft summer breeze that came through the open window. They looked to be one, entangled together beneath satin sheets. The girl was draped the boy, her lifting resting on his upper health, lifting with the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed in slumber. Her arm was draped across his shoulder and her leg wrapped his.

Theo was the first to stir awake, blinking a few times as his grey eyes adjusted to the golden light. Looking down at the girl lying on top of him, a small smile found its way on Theo's lips. Merlin she was beautiful. Her golden hair was being softly blown against her pouty lips, the rest strewn in messy waves against his tanned chest. It tickled but Theo didn't mind, gently pushing the hair behind her ears to get a better look at her. Athena's cheeks were tinged rosy, decorated with faint freckles that had started to appear with the summer weather. Theo traced the constellations with a feathered touch, smiling when her hand moved to rub beneath her nose in an adorable way, her eyes fluttering in her sleep.

He wondered what she dreamed about. Whether she ever dreamed of him the way he did her. Though every moment with Athena felt to be a dream.

Leaning on his right arm, he perched himself up, running a hand through the taupe curls that grazed his dark lashes. He'd been meaning to get it cut, but refrained when Athena had said she liked it long. As long as she liked it long, he would keep it long.

In the most gentle manner possible, Theo lifted Athena up slightly so he could move into a sitting position, his back resting against the headboard as he placed her back down, her head resting on his lap as she adjusted to the new sleeping position. Theo rubbed his eyes to rid some of the morning drowse, then leant to grab the notebook and quill he kept on his bedside table, opening it to his last entry.

It was a tattered old thing, all but breaking off the spine. The pages had been yellowed by the sun, littered with coffee stains and cigarette ash which aged the contents. Theo took it everywhere with him, it never left his side. After the war he'd made a promise to himself that he would always capture the good things in life. Whether that was song lyrics he'd heard, book quotes he liked, sketches he drew or shit he experienced, Theo captured each individual moment. They were now ever-present, his words set to exist long after he was gone. A constant in a time he wouldn't be present for. The notebook was a reassurance. A reassurance that those good moments would be forever.

This was one of those moments.

June 3rd, 2001

I'd never noticed her in school. Though i never noticed anyone. I liked to live in solace, isolating my thoughts and emotions from my friends in an attempt to keep them at a distance. It was sound for a time, and i was perfectly content with suppressing shit. I could cope. But the war changed things. The thoughts and dreams that plagued my mind ate away at me, pushing me to the brink of my own extinction.

I never thought i would ever plague another with my troubles. But then I also never thought i was capable of loving another person with such a complex passion. That was until I saw her. I still remember the first time I saw her, properly saw her that is. And of course she was laughing, her happiness radiating off her as it always did. Athena is the type of person that when she smiles, and i mean that genuine type of smile that lights up a persons face, the whole room smiles with her, and the world brightens for a moment.

I've told the story in this before.

A muggle pub, a cheeky witch and boozy night.

That was all it took for me to refuse my past isolation. It was that effortless when it came to her.

Athena once compared herself to an October evening, cold and bitter, edging you into the warmth of your home to escape it. But merlin was she wrong. Her self-perception was undeniably fucked, it always has been.

If she was ever a day it'd be this one. A warm Sunday morning, golden and inviting. And that's exactly how she looks right now, bathing in the morning sun. Athena is my sun, the centre of the solar system which is Theo Nott.

She is it for me.

"You writing in that bloody notebook again Nott?"
Athena smirked against his chest, her eyes still closed as she woke.

Theo smiled. She still called him by his surname sometimes. Mainly when she was taking the piss out of him.

"No need for the teasing, just because you're dying to read the contents love." Theo closed the notebook, tapping her on the head with it before he placed it back down on the side table.

Athena rolled over so her chest layed on his, propping her head up on her hands to look up at him with tired eyes. Theo looked down at her, bringing his hands to cup each cheek, drawing circles with his thumbs as she smiled.

"Ah yes, the inner workings of Theo Nott, who wouldn't want to read about that?" Athena laughed  as Theo tapped her cheek with his palm, faking offence.

She pushed his hands off her face, moving to roll out of the tangled sheets and out of bed. When she tried, Theo gripped her by her shoulders, rolling her in the opposite direction so she now lay on her back, him towering over her as she giggled.

"And just where do you think you're going huh?" Theo chuckled, his stormy eyes locking with her ocean ones.

"I was going to go take a shower. Wash last night off of me." Athena raised her hand to run it through Theo's curls.

The boy smiles at the sign of affection, smiling at his witch who's brows furrowed as she studied every inch of his face. He brushes her hand away, joining it with the other to gently pin her hands on the headboard above her. He looked into her eyes once again before dipping his head to the knook of her neck and began planting soft kisses as he traced her jaw with his tongue.

Using one hand to keep her arms pinned above her, Theo took the other to grab the other side of her face, tilting her head up to gain better access as he left a delicate pattern of bruises on her neck.

"And why would you want to wash off last night baby? I think it looks good on you." Theo hummed against her throat, the vibrations sending shivers down her spine.

"You think everything looks good on me." Athena released a breathy laugh.

"Hmm, that's because everything does look good on you sweetheart." Theo followed his trace to her collarbones, grinning when she bucked slightly, trying to create some sort of friction between the two. "Especially me."

Athena laughed heartily.

"You cocky bastard." And with that, the witch pulled her hands from his loosened grip, shoving him off in a playful manner and rolling out of bed so she stood on the wooden floor, stretching as Theo's eyes bored into her bare back. She turned to face him, smirking at her aroused boyfriend who she left in her bed. "I meant it when i said i needed a shower."

Theo huffed in exaggerated frustration, watching his girlfriend saunter off into the en-suite. He gazed at the ceiling, following the pattern of the golden trim as he heard the running water of the shower.

"You not joining me?" Athena's head popped around the corner of the door frame, looking at Theo.

The most genuine smile spread across Theo's face, feeling just as happy and content as he always felt when Athena was in his life. He jumped to follow the girl who had disappeared once again into the en-suite.

"Fuck if i'm not the luckiest wizard alive."

xxxxx

grace writing anything that isn't extremely fucking toxic? un-bloody-heard of.

hope you all liked it :))

love always,

grace x