Prelude: 19 BBY: The forests of Kashyyyk

Breywen Ollyne drew a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her legs crossed underneath her, her hands palm up resting on her knees. She relaxed her muscles and opened herself to the Force. With a deep breath in, it was there, first within her and her senses began to sharpen. Her hearing sharpened to the precise locations of a sound without vision, her sense of smell enhanced to distinguishing specific scents in a mix of several, and as these things sharpened her sense of self would sharpen too.

            Now came the release, and as her breath rose from her abdomen to her chest and through her mouth so too she pushed out with the Force, commanding it with her peace of mind and indomitable will. Pushing out, feeling her surroundings... feeling the Force that lay within everything around her.

             She could sense the delicate budding wroshyr sapling that lay planted in a clay pot in front of her meditation mat. The Force was strong in this tree, the seed a precious gift from Wookies on Kashyyyk.

             Within it she felt the flowing of The Force deep from the roots cores, as they took nutrient from the Kashyyyk soil within, and from the roots upwards spreading out and giving life to the tree.

             Pushing further now she could feel the movements outside her room, vibrations of life giving way to small ripples in the Force. It was an active patrol she had scheduled her meditations around quite some time ago. The clone captain, CT-1234-5 or Sunny as he was known, doing his diligent duty. She felt him pacing around the tree dome, felt his heart beating calmly if not below average a bit. His mood... Bored... A longing for battle in him... A longing for something else as well... But still cheery. She pushed further and felt now the wood beneath his feet, following the vibrations back outwards to the great wroshyr tree Kachirho which the tree dome was built into the lower side of.

              The Force was strong with Kashyyyk. Breywen knew the differences well. The life of this planet contributed heavily to the living Force. She returned her breathing to normal, and opened her eyes. The wroshyr sapling in front of her rested in a small wall nook. Medium sized, and round, there was little else in the room. Breywen looked over to the pedestal resting on the ground opposite the sapling. Small and made of clay, the front face held several symbols, the tops and bottoms extended out slightly passed the body, and on the top surface were small prongs to hold her lightsaber hilt.

              She reached out and picked it up as she raised to her feet. The hilt was made of durasteel and it had two emitters; each one small cones that came to an opening, with slots to reveal the blade within.

              Just past the emitters lay the power buttons and length controls, the metal surrounding it etched rather intricately to resemble wood grain. Below that the haft was leather wrapped until the pommel area and seeming to be flush. However with a slight pull and then a twist the two ends separate to form two different sabers.

               She reconnected the two halves and slid the top emitter wheel into her belts clip. She walked over to a small doorway blocked simply by a sheet of linen towards the side of the hut and slid the sheet to the side. Entering the small narrow nook she looked into the mirror in front of her. Her bright sapphire eyes looked back, they a somewhat stark contrast to her light green skin. Two lekku slim down to a point resting above her shoulders, covered in a white pattern that extend from the base intricately and join into 3 lines to the top. Two strands of white coming down over her head and down her face, branching out and then slimming above her eyes along her brow.

            You wouldn't think the Twi'lek in the mirror was only 22 years old. Her skin was covered in a light coating of dirt, but it still couldn't hide the look of exhaustion in her eyes. She scooped some water from the basin in front of her and splashed her face, then splashed her bare arms, and used a linen cloth to wash as mush dirt off as she could. With a fresh cloth she dried off her face and arms, then returned to the main room. A small cot lay at the back, and her other only possessions lay on top. She put on her tunic, then her wraps, and clasped her belt around her hip. She picked up her mantle armor and slid clasped the front half to the back half around her chest. Next she clasped her bracers on and tested the coms on her right one.